System Analyst at TRA Saccos Ltd
System Analyst at TRA Saccos Ltd
TRA SACCOS LTD is a registered Savings and Credit Co-operative Society whose main objective is to mobilize savings from members and in return provide credit facilities. TRA SACCOS LTD is an employee-based SACCOS which was established under the current governing Co-operative Societies Act No. 20 of 2003 in 2006 and Licensed as Class B under Microfinance Act No. 10 of 2018 in 2021. Other objectives of the SACCOS are to encourage thrift among its members by educating members on the advantages of developing a savings behavior, through proper investment best practices aimed at improving the social and economic conditions of its members. This is achieved by offering members complementary savings schemes, credit facilities and other financial products as may be required by the members from time to time.
TRA SACCOS LTD invites applications from suitably qualified and competent candidates to fill the following vacancies listed below:
System Analyst -1 POST
- Ensure robustness, availability and reliability of TRA SACCOS information systems. Management of System integrations between TRA SACCOS and other financial institutions systems. Ensure Data integrity, availability as well as confidentiality for all transactions across Digital Financial Channels.
Reporting to: Head of Information Technology
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a technical lead in System integration project between TRA Saccos systems and financial institutions
- Perform administration of all services and APIs that will be used during the integration of systems
- Monitor all operations and infrastructure, configuring and analyzing system logs and alerts
- Collaborating with Vendors, Project Leads and IT team to resolve issues and ensuring solutions are viable and consistent
- Advice in implementation of new technology to TRA SACCOS. Evaluate any new technology, which can be helpful to TRA SACCOS
- Prepare security policies and controls continuously. This means regularly checking of the policies and controls are updated and are in place.
- Advise the Head of Department on related risk issues and recommend appropriate mitigation actions
- Responsible for maintaining the security and integrity of an organization’s computer systems and networks.
- This involves the implementation and management of various security measures, such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, anti-virus software, and encryption tools.
- Responsible for ensuring that the organization’s security systems are properly configured and maintained. This involves staying up-to-date with the latest security threats and vulnerabilities, as well as monitoring the organization’s networks and systems for any signs of unauthorized access or malicious activity.
- Be responsible for conducting security audits and assessments to identify potential vulnerabilities and recommend improvements to the organization’s security posture.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining a system or specific components of a system (installing, configuring, and updating hardware and software; establishing and managing user accounts; overseeing or conducting backup and recovery tasks
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer integrated systems and servers
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Be involved in User Acceptance test of the new implemented system in Live environment
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to Head of IT for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Responsible for capacity planning, storage planning, and database and system performance planning
- Responsible to provide user first level support concerning with all transactions that have been failed and reported
- Perform cyber security awareness to all employees and stakeholders of TRA SACCOS
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly systems performance reports
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience:
- Holder of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in one of the following fields; Computer Science, Information and Communications Technology, Software Engineering or equivalent qualifications from recognized Institutions. In depth knowledge in System development life cycle and Cyber security experience.
- Demonstrate experience in database management and web system development and System integrations (API).
- Any of the following Professional Certifications will be added advantage: CISA, Oracle, CISCO, LINUX, Cyber security, web development, Mobile App development and any other related professional certifications.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in IT Industry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Highly organized and able to develop and streamline systems for efficient conduct of day-to-day tasks.
- Demonstrate skills in business intelligence and data visualization
- Demonstrate skills in web system development
- Knowledge in system analysis, system design and software quality assurance
- Knowledge in data science and big data analytics will be added advantage.
READ ALSO: Accountant at TRA Saccos Ltd
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and suitably qualified Tanzanians should forward their applications on or before 15th June 2023, including a well written application letter, detailed up to date Curriculum vitae with 2 professional or academic referees best known to them, one (1) current passport size photograph and signed by the applicant, and certified copies of relevant academic certificates and transcripts
Please note the following:
- Applicants to the positions must be Tanzanians
- The age of applicants should be between 22 to 35 years
- All positions are based in Dar es Salaam and mode of employment is Fulltime with 3 years’ renewable contract upon satisfactory performance.
- The advertised positions require excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English and Swahili Languages
- Academic certificates obtained from foreign universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
- Applicants should also submit /present National Identification Number(NIDA)
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates
Signed application letter should be written in English and Addressed to Chairman, TRA SACCOS LTD, P.0. BOX 63225, DAR ES SALAAM.
- Applications must be sent electronically through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRA SACCOS LTD is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- If you do not hear from us by 22th June 2023 consider yourself unsuccessful.
How to Apply:
Applications must be sent electronically through the following email: email@example.com.