Accountant at TRA Saccos Ltd
Accountant at TRA Saccos Ltd
TRA SACCOS LTD is a registered Savings and Credit Co-operative Society whose main objective is to mobilize savings from members and in return provide credit facilities. TRA SACCOS LTD is an employee-based SACCOS which was established under the current governing Co-operative Societies Act No. 20 of 2003 in 2006 and Licensed as Class B under Microfinance Act No. 10 of 2018 in 2021. Other objectives of the SACCOS are to encourage thrift among its members by educating members on the advantages of developing a savings behavior, through proper investment best practices aimed at improving the social and economic conditions of its members. This is achieved by offering members complementary savings schemes, credit facilities and other financial products as may be required by the members from time to time.
TRA SACCOS LTD invites applications from suitably qualified and competent candidates to fill the following vacancies listed below:
RELATED POST:System Analyst at TRA Saccos Ltd
The accountant provides full accounting services including monitoring and developing budget, audits, client Management, Financial analysis and reporting system based validation of transactions.
The accountant will also provide all daily accounting services with an internal client focus; including cheque writing, verification and reconciliation, financial reporting and compliance
Reporting to: Head of Finance Department
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring all contributions from members are collected and properly reconciled on monthly basis
- Ensure capturing of all member changes in contributions deductions and ensure follow-up is made to the missing contributions.
- Ensuring monthly members contribution deductions are timely submitted to payroll section
- Preparing and posting all recovery file and process demand for loans and contributions into the E-banker system (Core Banking system).
- Preparing departmental monthly financial report
- Handling corrections and adjustments regarding deductions from members
- Sorting out all complains from members concerning contributions and remittances.
- Preparing and entering TRA SACCOS monthly financial report in the Cooperative Supervision Management Information system (CSMIS).
- Preparing and entering into the system the Annual budget for utilization and monitoring purpose.
- Preparing all payments including Loans disbursements to members, vendor’s / suppliers’ payments, internal arrangements facilitation payments, Interest on savings payments, Member’s Meeting payments,
- Government’s statutory payments e.tc.
- Preparing periodical Cash Flow Projection Report
- Preparing and posting the staff payroll into the system
- Reconciling and Maintaining all cashbooks
- Maintaining fixed asset register
- Ensuring Proper record keeping in Finance department and filling in a systematic manner.
Initiating all payment into the system
- Assisting in preparation of financial statement
- Facilitating in audit exercises by providing required documents and responses
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience:
Holder of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in one of the following fields; Accountancy, Finance, Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Accountancy or Finance or equivalent qualifications from recognized Institutions plus CPA (T) or ACCA or ACA, or equivalent professional qualifications recognized by NBAA and must be a registered member of NBAA.
Ability to use different Accounting packages/software and experience of at least 2 years in the related field will be an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in office Applications especially Excel, Word, outlook and PowerPoint.
- Working experience in Small Microfinance Institutions will be an added advantage.
- Leadership and team building skills
- Managing performance and accountability
- Problem solving and self-initiative skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan and execute tasks with minimal supervision
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and suitably qualified Tanzanians should forward their applications on or before 15th June 2023, including a well written application letter, detailed up to date Curriculum vitae with 2 professional or academic referees best known to them, one (1) current passport size photograph and signed by the applicant, and certified copies of relevant academic certificates and transcripts
Please note the following:
- Applicants to the positions must be Tanzanians
- The age of applicants should be between 22 to 35 years
- All positions are based in Dar es Salaam and mode of employment is Fulltime with 3 years’ renewable contract upon satisfactory performance.
- The advertised positions require excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English and Swahili Languages
- Academic certificates obtained from foreign universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
- Applicants should also submit /present National Identification Number(NIDA)
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates
Signed application letter should be written in English and Addressed to Chairman, TRA SACCOS LTD, P.0. BOX 63225, DAR ES SALAAM.
- Applications must be sent electronically through the following email: email@example.com.
TRA SACCOS LTD is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- If you do not hear from us by 22th June 2023 consider yourself unsuccessful.
How to Apply:
Applications must be sent electronically through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website: https://trasaccos.co.tz/Job Opportunities