Process Operator at Coca Cola Kwanza
Process Operator at Coca Cola Kwanza
Coca Cola Kwanza Ltd – Tanzania
Dar es Salaam
May 23, 2023
Closing Date 2023/06/05
Reference Number CCB221128-1
Job Title Process Operator
Job Category Manufacturing
Company Coca-Cola Kwanza (Tanzania)
Job Type Permanent
Location – Country Tanzania
Location – Province Not Applicable
Location – Town / City Dar
Coca-Cola Kwanza Ltd has an exciting opportunity in Manufacturing Department. We are looking for a talented individual with relevant skills and experience in Manufacturing for a Process Operator position at Dar es Salaam Plant . The successful candidate will report to the respective Team Leader Packaging.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Operating and Process Control
- Operating the process area according to the work instructions and adhering to usage standards.
- Carrying out the required quality checks as described in the quality control and analysis work practice.
- Recording waste on the appropriate documentation or information systems and reviewing waste trends to identify and resolving problems or opportunities timeously.
- Constantly reviewing process performance against target and completing all short interval control documentation.
Resolving out of control situations
- Responding rapidly to upstream or downstream triggers that result in stoppages.
- Appropriate problem-solving approaches, as detailed in the problem-solving work practice must be followed.
- Performing housekeeping tasks, applying 5s principles and following safe work practices.
- Identifying and correcting unsafe work practices
- Carrying out flavor and size changeovers according to the work instructions
- Assisting fellow team members in the execution of their tasks.
Maintenance of Plant and Equipment
- Carrying out deep cleaning, lubrication, and inspection of machines according to the work instructions, and following the schedules supplied by the maintenance planner.
- Carrying out autonomous maintenance activities according to the work instructions and following the maintenance schedule.
- Conduct breakdown maintenance tasks
- Supporting the process artisan in carrying out maintenance on shift.
Quality Control and Analysis
- Carrying out quality checks and analysis as per the quality procedures
- Recording the results of quality checks on the relevant documentation or information system. The references to the required documentation or information system are contained in the quality procedures
- Calibrating required quality control equipment according to work instruction and requesting assistance from the core lab where required
- Conducting trends analysis on quality data to identify problems and opportunities timeously.
- Identifying and correcting identified quality problems using the appropriate techniques. If they are unable to resolve the problem themselves, it must be escalated to the team leader for further direction.
- Communicate effectively in the workplace.
- Actively participating in shift meetings, asking questions, and contributing suggestions.
- Making use of the gap list to record issues, problems, and improvement opportunities.
- Fully understanding the team goals and participating in team goal review sessions.
- Making use of relevant communication media (e.g. shift handover books) to stay informed and inform others of issues.
- Applying the appropriate situational problem-solving techniques (e.g. 5Why, quick fix routines, OPL’s (One Point Lessons) etc.) to identify and correct the problem.
- Where the process operator is unable to resolve the problem, involve fellow team members or escalate to the team leader or process artisan if necessary.
- Provide information for and participate in situational and systemic problem solving as required
- Where problems have been resolved, verify that the problems have been eliminated.
- Using run / control charts and trend analysis, to identify sources of waste and variation in the process.
- Using short stop analysis, Pareto charts and other tools seek to identify opportunities to simplify activities.
- Where improvement opportunities have been identified, these must be recorded on the team gap list. The process operator should involve other team members in evaluating opportunities and call-in specialist resources to assist if required.
Skills, Experience & Education
- The incumbent should have at least a Diploma in Electrical, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
- Two years practical relevant experience in manufacturing industry preferably with FMCG, analytical and problem solving ability, Good communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrate high integrity.
The deadline for submitting the application is 5 June 2023.
ALSO READ: Procurement Officer at RTI International