Laundry Attendant Job Opportunity at Maternity Africa
Maternity Africa is a donor supported, not-for-profit organisation preventing maternal and baby deaths.
Organization: Maternity Africa
Duty Station: Kivulini Maternity Centre, Ngaramtoni ya Chini – Arusha
Maternity Africa (www.maternityafrica.org) is a Christian-based, charitable, non-governmental organization registered in Tanzania. It is devoted to making childbirth safe by providing access to good maternity services and treatment of obstetric fistulae and other birth related injuries. We serve the poorest, most vulnerable women by providing free, quality reproductive health care. All programmes have been developed to have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of mother and child by minimizing maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality.
Maternity Africa is committed to its mission of making childbirth safe and demonstrating the love and compassion of Christ to all regardless of race, religion or ethnicity.
We are pleased to inform you that we are hiring a Laundry Attendant to join our Hospital. As a Laundry Attendant, you will be expected to wash, dry and iron staff and patients uniforms and hospital linens. You will be also responsible for sorting the laundry by color shades, soiling and materials. You should have exceptional knowledge of using dry cleaning equipment and various laundry techniques. If this is you, this job is yours!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sorting, washing, drying, pressing, and folding clothing and other textile items.
- Removing stains from items using the appropriate procedures.
- Performing minor sewing duties.
- Tracking which items/uniform belong to whom.
- Keeping an updated inventory of laundry detergents and sewing kits.
- Tracking maintenance and repairs on laundering equipment.
- Ensuring that the facility/laundry room remains clean at all times.
- Arrange clothes in the laundry room as per the specifications.
- Perfom any other duties as assigned by the supervisor and line manager.
Key Qualification, Specifications and Experience
- Secondary School (O-level) Certificate.
- Certificate in Vocational Training in Laundry Operation/Dhobi.
- Prior experience in a similar role is preferable.
- Familiar with infection prevention and control (IPC) procedures.
- Familiarity with cleaning detergents and laundering equipment.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Capacity to lift heavy materials unaided.
Basic arithmetic skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Available to work shifts and on weekends.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their cover letter (Max of a Page), Curriculum Vitae (Max of 4 pages), Professional Certificates to [email protected]
Application should be sent by 30th June, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!