Driver Job Opportunities at Southern Link Ltd
DRIVERS JOB DESCRIPTION
- Maintaining the vehicle safe and clean.
- Drive long distances to deliver goods to customers/ load and unload cargo.
- Report road incidents to the dispatcher.
- Follow traffic laws.
- Follow accident procedures.
- Keep an activities log and log hours.
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
- Maintain a positive attitude with customers.
- Keep commercial driver license up to date
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative
- To inspect vehicle before and after routine, in order to identify requirement
maintenance or rehabilitation.
- To perform any other duties that ma assigned by supervisor.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
- Proven work experience as a Truck Driver
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Proven experience as a driver Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage’s
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment
- Ability to occasionally take weekend and night shifts
- A clean driver license.
- A valid driving records
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- Certificates from reputable institutes ( VETA or NIT )
- Recommendation letters ( as prove of experienced driver)
EDUCATION/ PROFFESIONAL QUALIFICATION
- A national form four certificate.
- Valid driving license issued by relevant authority.
- Basic driving course issued by VETA, NIT or any recognize institute.
- Must be a Tanzanian citizen.
2-3 Years without causing an accident
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should physically submit their application letter, CV and
certified certificates to southern link Limited office, located at Mikocheni Light
Industrial Area, Josam House, Block ‘’A’’ 2 rd Floor, Room no. A13 before 15 th