Security Manager Job Opportunity at Dangote
Mtwara Region, Tanzania, United Republic ofDCP – HRFull timeTanzania sec001
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Security Manager will be responsible to organize and oversee all security operations of our company. Security personnel will be under your command while you develop and implement policies and procedures to maintain security standards. Security Manager will have to demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills. You will need a strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of all hazards and threats to Security. Since you will have the Security Department under your responsibility, you must also exhibit leadership skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The goal is to create and preserve an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe and well-protected. The job responsibilities are but not limited to the following:
- Developing and implementing security policies, protocols, and procedures.
- Organizing of Intelligence reports to prevent any violence or brake of law and order situation resulting in damage to the company staff or company property.
- Protecting of company assets against theft.
- Controlling budgets for security operations and monitor expenses.
- Recruiting, training and supervising security officers and guards.
- Attend meetings with other managers to determine operational needs
- Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events/gatherings
- Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms at the Plant.
- Review reports on incidents and breaches
- Ensure 100% facilitation of criminal cases in court and ensuring crimes against the company are properly investigated and prosecuted.
- Ensure total compliance to the safety standards and policies of the company.
- Ensure 100% effective access control to the Plant, Mines and Housing Estate to avoid intruders.
- Create reports for management on security status
- Any other responsibility that may be assigned by the Management.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor in any related field and advanced security certifications from reputable institutions
- Minimum of 15 years’ related job experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Proven experience as Security Manager or similar position
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g., CCTV)
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Solid understanding of the environment/communities
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Committed and reliable
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development