Purchasing Manager at Expert Consultancy
Strategy HR & Management Solutions Consulting firm.
Purchasing Manager Job Vacancy at Expert Consultancy
We are currently looking to hire for the above position for our client operating Lodge and Luxury Camps in Serengeti National park.
The Purchasing & Planning manage all aspects involving prepared culture media stock demand vs stock availability, production planning and procurement of materials and services and for the lodge/camps operation, maintaining reliable and cost competitive sources of supply.
- Manage the Procurement process for lodge and camps at an economical cost. Responsible for the purchasing budget as set by the Lodge/Camp manager.
- Resolve issues with Vendors
- Execute and manage contracts with suppliers, in accordance with Lodge guidelines, to optimize service, quality and cost
- Develop and drive cost reduction/operation programs consistent with the objectives set by the Lodge/Camps leadership
- Manages store operation planning and scheduling as determined by customer orders
- Manages stock levels of product, raw materials and goods in order to ensure uninterrupted operation of supply to customers.
- Plans, organizes and manages accurate monthly stock counts of goods stock and annual (or at intervals requested by the Lodge/Camps leadership) stock counts of goods, services and others materials required.
- Responsible for a sourcing savings tracking system to provide sourcing data for Monthly Operation Reviews and Quarterly Operation Reviews.
- Establishes common benchmarks and conducts regular reviews of purchasing processes to ensure best practices are driven
- Providing meaningful and timely reports with regard to KPI’s, including feedback at Tier meetings
- In conjunction with our Vendors, develop, implement, and track programs for improving Vendor selection, quality, delivery and performance, and total ownership to ensure that Vendor performance standards are met.
- Create Operation processes around lean sourcing, supplier evaluation, price inflation management and supplier risk management.
- Improve the functional excellence of the sourcing practices, particularly with respect to food Sourcing, to achieve supplier rationalization and reduction in transactions
- Represent the Purchasing Department at internal meetings, Divisional meetings and Supplier meetings
- Manage purchasing involvement in the Lodge process
Purchasing Manager at Expert Consultancy
- Own staffing, development and performance management including coaching, training and qualification of department teams to ensure the acquisition of all necessary skills to operate, maintain, changeover and troubleshoot autonomously in a safe and quality manner.
- Take accountability for the results of the department, and responsibility for the decisions made.
- Establish and maintain the standards for your department for safety, quality, appearance, attendance/cover, and other operating systems.
- Set daily direction for your departments by effectively leading tiered meetings, including leading the Tier reviews.
- Most importantly, you must motivate the individuals within department, and develop them into a strong, autonomous and engaged team
- Certified Purchasing Manager or similar relevant qualification is essential
- 4- 6 years’ experience in Procurement
- Commercially, legally & fiscally astute
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and exercise astute business judgement to drive performance
- Ability to coach and mentor other people and influence direction
- Ability to communicate complex issues in an easy-to-understand manner
- Strong Project Management Skills, including the ability to initiate projects
- Drive for Results – High level of technical and leadership skills and the ability to train/coach others.
- Decision Quality – Attention to detail and a systematic approach.
- Role Model Leader – Hands on approach and flexible attitude to daily work/responsibilities, ability to lead by example
- Problem Solving -Effective in technical and organizational troubleshooting to root cause.
- Communicates Openly – able to communicate effectively within and between teams and is effective in giving and receiving/acting upon feedback.
- The ideal candidate for this position will need to be self-starting, focused on developing their personal and technical skills and should also be able to demonstrate leadership skills/capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of Pastel and/or SAP applications and its wider capabilities i
- Procurement applications
- Excellent computer skills with a good depth of application knowledge
If you meet the above requirements kindly send your application clearly indicating “Purchasing Manager Vacancy:” on the subject line on before 15th September, 2022 [email protected]