Procurement Officer Job Opportunity at Maternity Africa
Position: Procurement Officer
Organization: Maternity Africa
Duty Station: Kivulini Maternity Centre, Ngaramtoni ya Chini – Arusha
Maternity Africa (www.maternityafrica.org) is a Christian-based, charitable, non-governmental organization registered in Tanzania. It is devoted to making childbirth safe by providing access to good maternity services and treatment of obstetric fistulae and other birth related injuries. We serve the poorest, most vulnerable women by providing free, quality reproductive health care. All programmes have been developed to have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of mother and child by minimizing maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality.
Maternity Africa is committed to its mission of making childbirth safe and demonstrating the love and compassion of Christ to all regardless of race, religion or ethnicity.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized procurement officer to oversee purchases. In this position, you will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for our organization. You will follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of current and incoming inventory, and be responsible for collecting quotations for various purchases need.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Solicit and analyse tenders from prospective suppliers and make recommendations to the Kivulini Tender Committee.
- Drafting and negotiation of purchase contracts for products and services necessary to the efficient running of the Kivulini Maternity Centre.
- Allocate purchase requests to preferred suppliers and ensure timely delivery of all required services.
- Develop a procurement strategy that ensures price effectiveness, product quality, regulatory compliance and robust supply alternatives for the most vital supplies.
- Liaise with the Tanzanian Food and Drug Administration, Tanzanian Bureau of Standards and the Tanzanian
- Revenue Authority to ensure all necessary import documentation is prepared consistent with Maternity Africa’s tax status.
- Liaise with the selected clearing agents to ensure the cost effective and timely transport of imported goods to the Kivulini Maternity Centre.
- Maintenance and protection of all documents relating to negotiated contacts and purchases.
- Validate supplier invoices for conformity with purchase orders and supply contracts and recommend them for payment.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Keep updated on changes in the marketplace, suppliers or legal requirements and make recommendations to minimise the impact Maternity Africa.
- Collaborate with Key personal to ensure purchases are within the requirements of the department and organization.
- Perform any other relevant duties as required by the management in the day to day running of the Kivulini Maternity Centre.
Key Qualification, Specifications and Experience
- Minimum of a diploma in Procurement or Purchasing and supplies management.
- At least 3 years’ Experience
- Strong competence with Microsoft Office especially Excel and Word
- Uncompromising Integrity
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Professional Certification in Procurement e.g. PSPTB or equivalent is a MUST.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their cover letter (Max of a Page), Curriculum Vitae (Max of 4 pages), Professional Certificates to [email protected]
Application should be sent by 30th June, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!