Paramedic Job Opportunity at Tindwa Medical And Health Services
Job Title : Paramedic
Department : Emergency Medical Services
Reports To : HOD Emergency Medical Services
Date : 26th Aug 2022.
Paramedic Job Purpose:
Responds immediately to emergency calls to deliver medical assistance. Evaluates sick or injured patient’s condition and offers treatment necessary before hospital admission. Transports patient to nearest appropriate medical facility in ambulance. Collaborates with ambulance technicians, emergency medical technicians, emergency care assistants, and other emergency medical responders to deliver patient care. Maintains ambulance and medical equipment therein. Acts as senior medical professional at the scene of emergencies or accidents.
Paramedic Job Duties:
- Operates as part of ground and air rescue team with minimum additional training • Responds to requests for emergency medical assistance in ambulance with other emergency healthcare providers
- Assesses medical condition of patients at scene
- Plans and administers requisite treatment immediately, either at scene or en route to hospital
- Utilizes sophisticated medical equipment, such as defibrillators and ventilation machines, to revive and stabilize patients
- Performs urgent surgical procedures, such as intubation, as needed
- Equips injured limbs with splints when necessary
- Dresses wounds and minimizes excessive bleeding
- Administers medications using intravenous drip
- Prepares patient for safe ambulance transport using backboards, gurneys, stretchers, and other restraints
- Communicates and documents patients’ conditions to other members of medical crew, such as emergency doctors and nurses, upon arrival at medical facility
- Cleans and restocks ambulance equipment after responding to call
- Shall be assigned any other duties by his supervisor
Paramedic Job Skills and Qualifications:
Should be highly flexible to work in remote site operations with minimum supervision for several months, Works Well under Pressure, High Stress Tolerance, Quick Thinker, Strong Troubleshooting and Analytical Skills, Compassion, Good Listening Skills, Excellent Verbal Communication Skills, Team Player, Physical Fitness and Strength, Familiar with Medical Technology, Sound Judgment and Decision-Making.
Work requires Bachelor degree in Nursing/ Diploma in Clinical Medicine from a government recognized traininginstitute must have valid practicing license
The required candidate must have BLS, ACLS, and ITLS trainings, any other Emergency trainings will be an added advantage to the position.
Minimum of 10-years experience working as Paramedic in well recognized facility
Interested applicants are required to submit a cover letter with current CV & Certificates for consideration to [email protected] before 30th September, 2022