Job Opportunity at Equity Bank – Senior Manager- Diaspora
Senior Manager- Diaspora
Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC, Equity Bank is now home to more than 14 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
The Bank seeks to recruit passionate and self-driven individual to fill the position below.
Job Title: Senior Manager- Diaspora
Reports to: Head- Payments
The job holder is responsible for proactively promoting a relationship-based offering by operating as a dedicated and primary point of contact for customers in the diaspora.
Will provide banking solutions which meet the customer’s needs in accordance with each of segment’s value proposition in line with the Bank’s Business objectives.
Provide an efficient personal banking service and support to a portfolio of branch-based clients across the Diaspora segments. Achievement of expansion, cost management and customer retention targets through a proactive call plan and active cross selling.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assets and Liability mobilization per given department portfolio and set target, mobilization through Branches,
- Head Office Bank staff, Diaspora Agents, High Net worth Diaspora clients, etc
- Acquiring new to bank Diaspora customers as per the criteria outlined in the segment value proposition and reflected by the segment strategy and sales targets.
- Ensuring business growth through various Diaspora Agents across the world.
- Training Bank staff about new and existing Diaspora Bank product offering
- Analyzing market intelligence across the global markets to facilitate enhancement of innovative products and services offered to the Diaspora customers.
- Digitization and onboard of ABC channels of Diaspora accounts; Eazzy suite of products and ABC channels.
- Manage third party relationships relating to growth of business: Uganda Embassies abroad, Uganda
- Convention Management abroad, Ministry of Labour and Gender, etc
- Ensuring that the new and existing customer relations are well maintained to achieve high customer retention as well as building effective relationships with branches and key support functions.
- Prepare daily report for Diaspora
- Prepare the strategies and annual budget of Diaspora.
- Ensuring 100% Compliance with the bank policies, procedures and guidelines with zero tolerance to operational risk & frauds.
- Ensure 100% compliance to the Banks policies and procedures
- Oversee to ensure the bank corporate image is promoted
- Be on the top with market intelligence by identifying the emerging market trends.
- Ensure branches and supervisors are well supported for effectiveness and efficiency service delivery.
- Any other duty assigned by the Head of Payments.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Sound communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and decision-making abilities.
- Problem solving.
- Customer and service oriented.
- Works as part of a team and builds relationships (Team player).
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and integrity.
- Focuses on delivering results.
Education & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- Five years’ experience working in Banking industry in Relationship Management or Customer Experience
- Knowledge in retail, corporate, treasury, mortgage products & digital marketing,
- Excellent relationship management skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to build long term, high quality, and trusted relationships.
- Excellent planning and organization skills as well as be an excellent communicator with ability to set and meet stretching targets and strict deadlines.
- Result driven with a track record of demonstrable networking, selling, and influencing skills as well as ability to identify new opportunities.
- Demonstrate a solid awareness in operational risk and quality in driving service excellence.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to [email protected]
To be considered your application must be received not later than June 20, 2022.
Equity Bank (T) Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
“Equity Bank (T) Ltd does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted