Medical Specialist (Orthopedic Surgeon) Job Opportunity at TPC Ltd
TPC Ltd is one of the most respected sugar producing companies in Tanzania. The company is situated at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro, 22kms south of Moshi Municipality. Applications are invited from qualified, energetic, proactive and dynamic candidates to fill vacant positions in the Corporate Affairs Department – Hospital Section.
POST : Medical Specialist (Orthopedic Surgeon)
Reports to the: Hospital Manager
Core Job Description: Responsible for surgical or therapeutical treatment and repair any injuries or illnesses to the musculoskeletal system, this will include setting broken bones with braces, pins, splints, or casts, diagnosing injuries or illnesses to bones, joints, and ligaments, and correcting defects to the musculoskeletal system.
- Examine, diagnose, treat, and perform surgeries for patients with disorders, malformations, diseases, and injuries to the musculoskeletal system.
- Attending emergency medical duties, carrying outward rounds and make referrals to physical therapists or other specialists as necessary.
- Performing clinical duties for both inpatient and outpatient.
- Keep updated records of patients’ illnesses, surgeries, or other medical episodes (allergic shocks, injuries etc.)
- Keep abreast of advancements in orthopedic and best practices by attending medical seminars and conferences.
- Participating fully in morning clinical sessions, patients’ presentations, and journal clubs, participating in management meetings and outreach programs.
- Initiating, Creating, and planning strategies to improve his/her professional services and ensure knowledge sharing among Medical Personnel.
- Carrying out administrative duties in his respective working area, ensure adherence to standard operating procedures and providing Medical legal advice.
- Carrying out research in their respective medical fields, pursue medical research on diseases, plan and execute disease prevention and health promotion programs.
- Conduct, supervise, and participate in the training of medical personnel needed to sustain a robust and readily available medical system.
- Performing any other related work as would be assigned by respective supervisors.
- Should demonstrate ability to attentive and meticulous with good hand dexterity, good interpersonal and communication skills, and show compassion and empathy to the patients.
- Good analytical, organizational, and problem-solving abilities, good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity, a good working knowledge of the methods and equipment used in orthopedics.
- Flexible and the ability to work shifts and remain on call for emergency situations.
MD and successful 5 -year orthopaedic surgical residency and registered with the Medical Council of Tanganyika. A combination of relevant academic qualifications with minimum 4 years as an orthopaedic surgeon.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below, describing how they see themselves qualifying for these positions. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three references, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. The closing date for all applications will be 19th September, 2022. Moreover we appreciate in advance receiving applications from all interested candidates, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. And “if you do not hear from us within 14 days from the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.”
Human Resources Executive Officer, P. O. Box 93, Moshi, Kilimanjaro
Tel: +255272754389, FAX:+255272754391
E-mail:’ [email protected] ’