Marketing Officer Job Opportunity at CVPeople Tanzania
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
WORKING AT SCIS
St. Constantine International School (SCIS) was founded in 1951 and is the oldest international school in Tanzania, as well as the largest international school in northern Tanzania. We are a not-for-profit, non-denominational, co-educational, day and boarding, international school. We are predominantly a Cambridge International School, following the EYFS programme in Early Years and then the Cambridge International Programme from Years 1 to 9. In Years 10 and 11, students study the Cambridge IGCSEs and, in Years 12 and 13, they mainly study the Cambridge A-level programme. We are also proud members of Round Square.
We currently serve 600 students (including around 70 boarders aged 6 – 18) from over 30 different countries. Our Main (Burka) Campus (where our boarding house is located) has gorgeous gardens and playing fields, sitting in beautiful tree-lined surroundings under Africa’s 5th highest mountain, Mount Meru, on the world-class northern game park circuit. Our smaller Town Campus, which runs parallel classes to our Main Campus from Nursery to Year 2, is in a delightful setting just outside the CBD, with spacious classrooms, wonderful mountain views and a lovely family feel.
We are seeking a dynamic colleague who is committed to the busy life of an international school striving to be the top school in East Africa to plan and oversee the organization’s marketing activities and campaigns. The successful candidate must have experience working with people of all ages and spectrums of background. The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of how to successfully market the school, enhancing the strengths of the school and utilizing up to date technology and mediums of advertisement. A successful Marketing officer must have great enthusiasm for all things marketing and great knowledge of relevant techniques and principles. The ideal candidate will also be an excellent communicator and will have experience in managing different marketing ventures.
- Competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
- A competitive salary package.
- Opportunity to work with a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues from all over the world.
- Excellent Professional Development.
- The chance to educate and shape the futures of some of the loveliest children and young people you will ever meet.
- Contribute to the implementation of marketing strategies
- Organize and attend marketing activities or events to raise brand awareness
- Plan advertising and promotional campaigns for products or services on a variety of media (social, print etc.)
- Liaise with stakeholders and vendors to promote success of activities and enhance the company’s presence
- See all ventures through to completion and evaluate their success using various metrics
- Prepare content for the publication of marketing material and oversee distribution
- Conduct market research to identify opportunities for promotion and growth
- Collaborate to prepare budgets and monitoring expenses for marketing
- Organise marketing events and other internal events
- Proven experience as a marketing officer or similar role
- Solid knowledge of marketing techniques and principles
- Good understanding of market research techniques, statistical and data analysis methods
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and marketing software (e.g. CRM)
- Thorough understanding of social media and web analytics
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to generate high level content
- Ability to take high quality pictures
- Creativity and commercial awareness
- A team player with a customer-oriented approach
- BSc/BA in marketing, business administration or relevant field
- Ability to multitask
- Evidence of significant experience working successfully with young people is an absolute minimum
- Passion for working with children and a commitment to educating and developing the whole child
- Evidence of recent, relevant professional development in the related area
Applicants will be required to submit a letter of application and CV, together with copies of their education certificates and police clearance to [email protected] On CV, please include the names and contact email addresses of three professional referees.
Due to the expected high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
St. Constantine’s International School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement:
St. Constantine’s International School is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind in line with Tanzanian Law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our school.
St. Constantine’s International School makes recruitment decisions based solely on merit, i.e.whether or not candidates have the skills, experiences, attributes and traits required for the exceptional performance of the advertised role.
Closing Date: 31st January 2023
Short-listed candidates will be contacted after the closing date. In exceptional cases, we may contact candidates before the deadline. Interviews will take place soon after the closing date. St. Constantine’s International School reserves the right to end the recruitment process early should we find the right candidate before the closing date.