Logistics, Travel and Protocol Assistant at WHO
Logistics, Travel and Protocol Assistant
Dar es Salaam
World Health Organization
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): two years
Job Posting: Nov 16, 2022, 1:40:47 PM
Closing Date: Nov 26, 2022, 1:59:00 AM
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar-es-Salaam
Organization: AF_TZA Tanzania
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The Procurement and Travel Assistant reports to the Operations Officer, and provides support to both managers and staff members in performing GSM transactions in the following areas: –
Travels and meetings management
1. Raise and manage meeting plans in GSM;
2. Raise and manage Travel Requests for meetings and official missions;
3. Ensure compliance with the Travel Policy;
4. Manage administrative arrangements for all WCO meetings and official missions and travel plans;
5. Track the implementation of missions’ recommendations;
6. Assist in the production of reports, statistics, and/or information material when required;
7. The incumbent will serve as back up to the team members in similar or different positions within the WCO.
1. Assist in the preparation and organisation of protocol aspects of official events held between the WCO and AFRO region official delegations,
2. Assist in the coordination of formalities at arrival and departure of the WCO official visitors, WRs and missions, Cluster directors on mission and special invitees at the airport
3. Ensure required logistic arrangements during the travel of the WR, WCO staff and Cluster Directors, in collaboration with ASO services
4. Coordinate the protocol activities during the WCO country missions and other official events; Provide updates to External Relations, Partnerships and Governing Bodies (EPG) on the diplomatic directory, as changes come to incumbent’s attention in the course of his/her work.
5. Assist in facilitating contacts with Embassies’ protocol services, International agencies in WCO and Ministries. Perform other related responsibilities as assigned, including replacing and backstopping for others as required
Essential:- Work requires completion of secondary school with training of general administrative practices with focus on Logistics, Procurement and Travel practices, theories and procedures. Training in logistics, supplies/procurement and travel would be an asset.
Desirable:- Training in UN/HR systems is an advantage. Proven skills in drafting and editing required.
Essential:- 5 years of experience in administrative positions preferably with several years experience in the UN and have a sound knowledge of its rules, regulation, procedures and practices as related to the work.
Desirable:- Experience in other areas such as Programme Management would be an asset.
Work requires maintaining up to date knowledge on any changes to the standard operating procedures. The incumbent is also expected to maintain computer skills including skills Global Management System, to the standard of the Organization by self study or in-house training. Knowledge of WHO rules, regulations, policies and practices would be an asset.
*1. Communicating in a credible and effective way
*2. Fosters integration and team work
*3. Producing results
4. Moving forward in a changing environment
5. Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at 51,531 schillings (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Logistics, Travel and Protocol Assistant at WHO
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
A written test may be used as a form of screening.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
The deadline for submitting the application is 26 November 2022.
ALSO READ: 100 Internship Opportunities for GraduatesJob Opportunities