Loan Officer Job Opportunity at VisionFund
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd (VFT MFB)formerly known as SEDA is a fast growing and reputable Micro Finance Bank(MFB), that has a loan book of approximately TZS. 20 billion and more than 30,000 client base, more than 5,000 of whom are small holder farmers. VFT-MFB is seeking to employ a dynamic and committed Tanzanian young man or woman who has a passion for people’s economic development to fill in the vacant positions detailed here below;
Work Reference No. 02A/22
Position: Loan Officer
Reporting to: Branch/Business Center Manager
The Loan officer is responsible for promoting VFT loan and other products to potential customers, screening them against the eligibility criteria’s, assess the loan and recommend to the credit committee. The position holder also recruits customer not less than agreed targets and ensure portfolio quality below the acceptable level at all times.
- Markets VFT- MFB LIMITED loan products or services and finds clients in designated areas of operation.
- Trains Clients on VFT- MFB LIMITEDs’ product and process as per the set policies for each loan product.
- Conducting Business and Home visit to clients with a view to verifying if the business produces a regular income to enable the client to pay back the loan.
- Conducts cash flow analysis and credit assessment to determine client’s credit worthiness and character assessment including ensuring client are well known to their respective location including the local government authorities.
- Open and maintain client’s files and ensure that all required information is filed according to the laid down policies.
- Guide the clients on filling and completing loan application forms, ensures that the forms are properly filled and affixed with clients’ photos as required and that clients read and understand every loan form before filling.
- Ensures that clients complete all other collateral requirements as per the set policies according to the loan products.
- Compile loan file with all required document as per credit policy and product book and Presents the loan file to the branch/Business center credit committee
- Responsible in ensuring that repayment of loans is done as per the agreed schedules and enforce zero tolerance policy to clients on loan repayment
- Immediate and close follows up on all delinquent loans to ensure on time repayment
- Monitor the assigned targets and Ensures the monthly targets are met at all times.
- Attend customers visiting the office and as well as customer complain and other customer care related issues.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across VFT MFB.
- This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles with respect to assigned names: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets;
- Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- A bachelor’s degree in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Microfinance, Economics, Business Administration, Finance or any related field.
- Excellent financial analysis skills especially financial ratio analysis to determine credit worthiness.
- Good knowledge in collateral and character evaluation of loan clients.
- Understanding of banking practice and related policy issues, their implications and applications.
- An understanding of the functions of and the implementation of Credit Bureau strategies.
About our working environment & remuneration:
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank has a calm and harmonious working environment where staffs are highly valued. Good work is recognized and rewarded accordingly and there is an opportunity to grow professionally and spiritually.
Mode of Application:
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should;
Forward their application letter, detailed CV’s with three referees, attaching certified copies of NIDA ID, academic and professional certificates; to [email protected]
All applications should be addressed to;
The Chief Executive Officer,
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited
The position should be the subject of the email application.
The deadline for the application is on 02ndSeptember, 2022.
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank would like to inform the general public that it has not engaged any consultant/agent to conduct recruitment on its behalf.