Job Opportunity at Healthy Seaweed Co. Limited -Sales, Marketing and Distribution Manager
Sales, Marketing and Distribution Manager
Dar es Salaam
Healthy Seaweed Co. Limited
Healthy Seaweed Co. Limited is a social enterprise that deals with seaweed value addition for food to champion healthy lives.
Company Name: Healthy Seaweed Co. Ltd
Deadline of this Job: 15th September 2022
Duty Station: Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam, East Africa
Duration: One year contract, renewable, with 3 month probation period
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Healthy Seaweed Co. Limited is a social enterprise that deals with seaweed value addition for food to champion healthy lives through local consumption of seaweed by creating diverse seaweed based foods such as salad, juice, paddings, smoothies, candies and spices and increase income generation for women seaweed smallholders farmers in Tanzania.
Vision: To be the best distributor of seaweed food products in the world mission creation of diverse seaweed food products in the world
Mission: Creation of diverse seaweed based food products for healthy living people
SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER;
Summary; Job holder accomplishes business development activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans; implementing sales plans.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Driving sales initiatives and achieving desired targets with overall responsibility of ROI.
- Planning & implementing various Strategic and Decision-making programs in line with company vision.
- Identifying and developing new streams for long-term revenue growth and maintaining relationships with customers to achieve repeat/ referral and new business.
- Setting up the distribution strategy plan network facilitating both revenue and volume increase.
- Developing/ sustaining existing network & effectively managing the same.
- Motivate, mentor, guide and monitor teams to achieve overall business and company goals.
- Work with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty.
- Demonstrate excellent selling skills, strong communication skills, and a detailed understanding of the fish industry.
- Ensures sufficient brand exposure and awareness in the dealers’ segment (B2B) and retail segment (B2C) and maintain adequate point of sales visibility.
- Credit control and management with the main goal of eliminating bad debts and timely collection of company funds.
- To hold regular segmental meetings and ensure that all pressing issues are reported to the further action.
- Ensure the best possible customer care and attend all customer complaints in timely and professional manner to enhance superior customer experience.
- Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas; projecting expected sales volume and profit; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Develop a sales strategy to achieve organizational sales and revenues, tracking sales goals and reporting as necessary.
- Manage, develop, coach, control and motivate the sales force to develop their skill to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and monthly sales target and KPI targets are met.
- Track, collate and interpret sales figures.
- Formulate sales policies and procedures.
- Conduct market research, competitor and customer analysis.
- Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our company’s relationship with them.
- A Bachelor’s degree in BCOM or Business Administration, or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing or sales in a senior management role.
- Understanding and knowledge of sales and marketing.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of data analysis and report writing.
- The ability to understand and follow company policies and procedures.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Experience of working in new product go to market strategies
- Experience in food industry
- Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
- Job Experience Requirements: 3-5 years.