Job Opportunity at Express Shipping and Logistics (EA) Ltd – Operations Intern
Job Title: Operations Intern
We have an excellent and exciting opportunity for an Agency Operations Trainee in Express Chartering & Shipping Limited, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. We seek to give the opportunity to persons who have completed their studies in shipping and Logistics. The candidate will gain exposure and hands on work experience in accounts.
Training & Learning areas:
- Declaration of ships with TPA and representing the company at port meetings.
- Submission of manifest copies for lodging to TPA, TRA and all other relevant authorities.
- Liaising with TRA Border control, Port Health, Fisheries, plant health and all statutory bodies as may be required to clear the ship for working once the ship is alongside.
- Preparing and issuing crew with shore passes.
- Attending to ships needs and giving the crew any help, they may require.
- Prompt inward and outward clearance of vessels.
- Ensuring Invoices and cargo documents are received and acknowledged prior vessel sailing for services rendered.
- Confirming statement of facts (SOF), delivery orders and manual manifest contents
- Assisting in controlling and facilitating vessel and facilitating vessel boarding by contractors.
- Booking and facilitating discharge & loading gangs.
- Overseeing and expediting vessel’s cargo operations.
- Ensure safe, prompt and planned berthing.
- Arranging in advance for fenders if needed, discharge and or loading facilities
- Assisting in all other office operations when and if called upon to do so.
- Disembarking & embarking of arms.
- Arrangement of police escorts and immigration customs.
- Ship arrival notification to customs and TASAC/TRA.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators
- Supervise all ships agency operations for allocated ships to achieve distinctive performance and exceed customer expectations.
- Coordinate the operations communications, progress reports and updates.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, relevance and timeliness of operations reports.
- Adhere to set ships operations procedures.
- Adhere to contracted suppliers on vessels.
- Conduct all operations with passion, proactively, honesty and transparently.
- Implement, conduct and handle any other operations duties and responsibilities that will be added from time to time.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Team player & self-motivated.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Honest & of high integrity.
- Reliable & with good work ethics
- Knowledge on accounting software applications.
- Computer proficient in Ms. Word & excel
- Detail oriented
- Diploma/Bachelor in Shipping and Logistics Management
- IT Proficiency (MS-Office Suites)
- Knowledge on ERP Software an added advantage
- Interested candidates to send their application, CV’s, testimonials, academic & professional certificates via email to: [email protected], attention the Human Resource Manager. Canvassing in will lead to automatic disqualification.