Job Opportunity at CVPeople Tanzania – Credit Control Supervisor
Credit Control Supervisor
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaam, Tanzania | Posted on 08/29/2022
Reporting to: Corporate Investment Operations Manager (Finance controller) /General Manager Finance & Administration
Objectives: Ensure timely collection of cash from customers as per company communicated targets
- Ensure internal credit procedures are properly applied and provide end month report
- Ensure that all the accounts are matched off for payments received and push for allocation details against invoices on various clients
- Motivate and develop staff to meet current and future needs of the business.
- Ensure that invoices are paid on time as per credit terms agreed.
Achieve DSO as per budget target
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email, letters and visits within agreed timescales
- Report disputed invoices and ensure proper follow-up is done with operations
- Follow up with fellow credit controllers in order to maintain an up-to-date invoice dispute file for all clients/operations departments.
- Hold weekly meetings and daily follow-up with credit controllers & operations for assigned cash clients.
- Send out client statements/letters as maybe agreed from time to time
- To follow a limited and identified portfolio of client
- Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries
- Propose write off of irrecoverable debts
- Assist in opening/updating of cash and credit customers’ accounts in IRIS
- Ensure debit suppliers amount are transferred whenever it is possible
- In case of absence of CC allocated, assist in opening suppliers account and ensure documents are kept in common drive
- Attend and contribute to meetings with operations and top management related to credit control issues.
- Ensure good supervision of the credit control team is in place in the absence of Credit Controller Supervisor
Knowledge and Experience
Bachelor of Arts in Statistics, B.Commerce, Accounting, Finance, or any other related qualification.
Familiar with accounts procedures, client ledgers, disbursements, and office accounts