Job Opportunity at Amref Health Africa – Project Manager
Amref Health Africa – Tanzania
Amref Health Africa was founded in 1957 by three surgeons as the Flying Doctors of East Africa.
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania.
The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga, Zanzibar, Simiyu and Mara regions covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancy to be filled soon:
Position: Project Manager (1)
Location: Project Offices in Tanga
Reports to: Regional Amref Project Director
The focus of this role is to provide leadership, coordination and management of the technical staff for the Field Offices. The RPM main objective is to guarantee Project’s technical performance of the supported HIV programs in the respective region.
- To provide technical and management leadership to District Managers and all project staff assigned in the region, in close collaboration with the Project director, Technical Directors and Advisors based in the DSM head office;
- Responsible as Regional Contact Person for the Project/Amref and facilitates proper and timely communications within the project and to sub awardees/regional relevant stakeholders;
- Oversees and coordinates the regional operations, transportation and logistic needs to effectively and efficiently support program implementation and be accountable to proper fleet and Amref/project assets management
- Oversees procurement process related to both program implementation and support to sub awardees as per the approved workplan and budget to ensure proper and timely execution
- Assures a complete and well functioning technical team in the respective region,
including timely communication on additional staffing needs and the participation in the recruitment of staff members; wherever and whenever necessary, and take over or complement the responsibilities of the supervised Project Officers;
- Responsible for the effective planning and documentation of the communication and support provided to Afya Kamilifu Project sub-grantees, including but not limited to supportive supervision and periodic joint meetings such as quarterly program reviews
- Preparing program and financial reports and submit to the Project head office on a timely manner and ensuring that internal control systems are ·working effectively and efficiently
- Collaborate with the Project M&E team for the timely submission of high quality quarterly, semi-annual and annual donor progress reports to the Project Director
- Responsible for the timely submission of work plans, reports on activities performed, or any other report, as required by Project Direct and Head of Programs
- To facilitate production of written documents including best practices and lessons learned.
- Represent Amref at various regional meetings after obtaining prior approval from Amref CD and HoP
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by line manager or other Am ref senior management team.
- A degree in health related fields with a Masters in public health or other relevant fields
- Proven experience and competence in project and human resource management skills and critical analysis capacity
- At least 7 years of “hands on experience” at a senior position in HIV prevention, care
and treatment program in the resource limited countries
- Experience working with Local Government Authorities in Tanzania
- Experience working in public health NGOs preferably but not limited to the PEPFAR funded projects
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
lf you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS September 05, 2022.
Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected]
1. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply.
2. “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
3. Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means that the provided official correspondence email will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity.
4. Amref health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.