Job Opportunity at AMREF – Communication Officer
Job Opportunity at AMREF – Communication Officer
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria, and Nutrition in Tanzania 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust
HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. Branded as Afya Thabiti, this new project will be implemented in Mara, Smiyu, and Zanzibar from October 2023 covering facility and community-based prevention (including VMMC), care, and treatment services. Afya Thabiti will work in collaboration and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of Health, and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
Position: Communication officer (1) Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Senior Advisor-Government Relations and Partnership:
The Communications Officer is responsible for supporting the efficient delivery of Amref Health Africa’s communication strategy relevant to the Afya Thabiti Project. This includes coordinating and organizing various organization events, project documentation activities, photography and publication, brand and visibility plan, media and public relation progression, social media administration, and other communication-related activities. Is the perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic and confident individual who wishes to expand upon his/her knowledge across a wide range of skills and expertise, particularly in Communication, branding, Fundraising, and events-related activities. S/He will report to the Senior Advisor-Government Relations and Partnership while administratively to the Head of Communication.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Work in collaboration with the Senior Advisor-Government Relations and Partnership and Communications Manager to ensure good publicity and a high reputation for the Afya Thabiti Project is attained and maintained
- Contribute to the production of a range of publications including Newsletters, Annual Reports, social media posts, and projects IEC materials relevant to the project
- Work with the Senior Advisor-Government Relations and Partnership and Project management to develop, implement and evaluate internal & external communications strategies.
- Package, communicate, and promote Project activities to the public and stakeholders through relevant platforms.
- Work in collaboration with relevant staff to create and implement specific publicity strategies and effective participation and engagement in various project meetings and events
- Assists with gathering and packaging the agreed information for publications and meetings.
- Prepare and distribute organization statements and press releases for Project and Amref’s’ proceedings
- Work with and across supported regions to enhance and promote effective communication; promote cross-programs; and ensure consistency and quality in communication-related documents
- Contribute to the coordination of Project events in a manner that promotes and encourages participation from a range of stakeholders, partners, beneficiaries, and the general public.
- With support from the Manager, develop and update project annual events plans and calendar
- Strengthen links with relevant stakeholders including government communications departments and others from not-for-profit organizations.
- Prepare accurate and timely communications reports, presentations, and activity plans as directed by the
- Senior Advisor-Government Relations and Partnership.
- Assists the Communication unit manager with occasional roles across other units and out of the office as will be possible
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Good writing skills and experience in the newsletter and annual report preparations
- In-depth understanding of branding and principles in organization communications activities
- Experienced in events planning and coordination process.
- Demonstrated skills in sketching quality and striking ideas for promotional materials
- Ability to develop quality content, articles, and testimonies from the project beneficiaries
- Demonstrated ability to implement internal and external communication strategy High skills and knowledge on Photographing using a professional camera Capable of engaging with and communicating to audiences of different diversities Creativity and ability to work with own initiatives and meet deadlines with minimal
- Supervision demonstrated good administrative and IT skills (including Microsoft Outlook, Word &Excel)
- Experience working with Local Government Authorities and PEPFAR funded project
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and communications skills
- A proactive with a “can-do” attitude, even when working under pressure
- Excellent team payer
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced diploma in Journalism, Mass Communications, or allied field
- At least 3 years of Experience working in communication-related field
- Knowledge and skills in quality photography, short video recording & Graphics design
- Experience in social media page management, post writing, and updating previous experience in the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience in Scriptwriting and audiovisual production is an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY:-
If you are AMREF Tanzania Staff and meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined as one document indicating your present job position, daytime telephone contact, and names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Tanga, Mara, Simiyu, and Dar es Salaam Offices to select qualified candidates. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours on August 18, 2023. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved.
All correspondences should be directed to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy
“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be discqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above
Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ALSO READ | 30 Job Opportunities at AMREF – Drivers