HMIS and M&E Manager Job at Marie Stopes Tanzania
HMIS and M&E Manager
Dar es Salaam
Marie Stopes Tanzania
Marie Stopes Tanzania provide quality, innovative and integrated reproductive health services to women, men and young people.
Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care, and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide. MST is committed to its employees, clients, children, and vulnerable adults’ protection, and has zero tolerance to any sort of harassment. MST promotes a speaking up culture whereby employees work transparently and are empowered to report any existence or potential existence of harassment at workplaces. MST is an equal opportunity Employer.
MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.
We are looking for an active and qualified individual for the following role:
HMIS and M&E MANAGER
- Reporting to Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Lead, the HMIS, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager has the responsibility to ensure that data is leveraged for informing, adapting, and strengthening programme delivery.
- The role will span a wide spectrum of health information system management (HMIS) and support, monitoring, and evaluation(M&E) responsibilities including ensuring that adequate systems and processes are in place for robust and high-quality data collection, monitoring and learning opportunities are embedded across all operational channels.
- The RME Manager will also ensure that the RME department generates accurate evidence that is relevant and timely, and feeds into and supports the organizations strategic roadmap.
Among Key Responsibilities:
1. Overall team management: oversee RME core functions
- Oversight of all data collection, compilation, and analysis for use by all channels, Marketing and Commercial teams
With support from RME lead provide technical training and support to RME team.
2. Management and support of existing and new health Information Systems (CLIC, DHIS, Electronic Health records) to ensure they collect data of the needed quality
- Oversee the and support the team to manage the management information systems (MIS), with an eye to maintain high data quality
- Oversee daily support of MST data reporting systems DHIS2, CLIC, EHR to outreach teams, public health facilities and centers
- Lead in conducting data quality assessment and data summits aiming at ensuring data collected is of the highest quality.
3. Implement and design monitoring systems to ensure reports to donors and other stakeholders is of high quality and delivered timely
- Participate in the development of project monitoring plan (PMP) for various donors in consultation with the RME Lead, project team and other partners
- Routine monitoring and reporting of project outputs to donor on progress towards targets as well as providing monthly feedback to project teams and RME Lead and sub-partners on project’s performance
- Assist RME Lead to organize and coordinate the dissemination of project results to donors and other stakeholders
- Prepare consolidated progress reports for the Management – including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in implementation, and providing specific recommendations.
4. Ensuring evidence and insights lead to programme learning and adaptation relevant for strategy
- Ensures that lessons learned from routine data analysis, strategic research, and insight generated from the evidence to action team are shared and used by senior staff, to make better management decisions
- Support business development for new funding opportunity through highlighting data and best practices; ensuring proposals have evidence-based theory of changes; develop and review log frame indicators
- Support integration of evidence into programming through targeted capacity strengthening activities.
- Degree in Computer Science/ Statistics/ Epidemiology/ Project Management or equivalent qualification from a reputable institution
- Post- graduate in social sciences/ health systems management/ monitoring & evaluation or other relevant qualification is highly desirable.
Skills & Experience:
- 3- year hands-on experience in managing health systems EHR, CLIC, DHIS2
- 5- year experience in working for an implementation-focused organization
- 5- year working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation (essential), background in consulting role (desirable)
- Proven experience in designing and leading monitoring and evaluation systems for health programs
- Extensive experience in quantitative and qualitative research
- Evidence of managing large studies in health or economics is desirable
- Adequate knowledge of Statistical software (SPSS/SAS/STATA) and qualitative software
- Strong or advanced Excel user (including development of dashboards, pivot tables, and VBA programming) desirable
- Strong team management skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and verbal)
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and in a highly dynamic environment
- Highly adoptive and able to work with partners and lead RM&E activities for programs implemented in consortia
- Successfully published research work as a principal or co-investigator desirable.
Mode of Application:
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements, and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and cover letter by email detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
Plot 421 & 422 Mwenge | Kijitonyama area
P.O. Box 7072, Dar es Salaam | Tanzania.
Telephone: +255 22 2774991-4, +255 22 2702030-2
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing date: All applications should reach the addressee before Tuesday August 16, 2022. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.