Head of Finance at Aga Khan University
Head of Finance
Aga Khan University
Dar es Salaam
The incumbent will be responsible for looking after Financial Management, Planning and Budgeting functions of the the Aga Khan University — Tanzania (AKUTZ). This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Financial Management & Control Collaborate, design, implement and review finance systems, policies and procedures to ensure continuous improvement and contemporary relevant practices.
- Ensure that University is fully compliant with tax law, financial law and standards in Tanzania.
- Ensuring all liabilities and assets are recorded accurately
- Forecasting cash flow projections and monitoring this into, the book of accounts.. . against the daily cash positions.
- Monitoring the accruals, pre-payments, and creditors’
- Analysing the variances and generating reports on findings and recommendations.
- Supervise payments in all currencies made to suppliers and staff ensuring complete compliance with the institutional policy and legal requirements.
- Monitor and manage fixed assets, inventory, treasury functions and inter-entity transactions.
- Overall responsibility of students’ accounting functions, including proper recording in general ledger and correspondence with parents, granting agencies and students for timely payment of fees due.
- Supervise monthly payroll for timely payment to staff, ensure all deductions for loans and advances arc made, statutory deductions arc done properly and paid in time to the statutory bodies
- File VAT returns, duty and other exemptions with relevant authorities on daily basis and keep complete track to ensure timely collection and distribution to vendors.
- Supervise timely and accurate closing of monthly/annual accounts and supervise grant audits.
- Liaise with external and internal auditors for annual and periodic audits.
- Preparation of Financial statements as per International Accounting Standards and other management tcmplates/rc- ports.
- Planning, budgeting and reporting
- Prepare annual budgets and 5 years/15 years rolling budgets for all AKUTZ entities in consultation with Entity Heads.
- Prepare feasibility/costing studies required for services/ programmes.
- Prepare grant budgets in consultation with project leads / entity heads.
- Ensure financial compliance with granting agencies’ policies & procedures and prepare monthly/annual grant reports.
- Construction Projects and Accounting
- Work with Project Director to develop annual budgets of construction projects.
- Prepare and review monthly financial reports and ensure accuracy of financial information shared through ERP system.
- Manage cash flow and working capital requirement of the project.
- Oversing payments and accruals of various construction activities and record them in financial system as per the best practices.
- Analytical review of monthly budget variance report of construction projects.
Head of Finance at Aga Khan University
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified Accountant – ACCA, CPA (T), ACA, ACMA, CIMA;
- Masters of Commerce degree or equivalent;
- 5+ years of experience in a large organization (100+ employees) with exposure to financial planning, reporting, analysis, construction and grant budgets and day to day accounting functions.
- Having supervisory skills/experience of managing a team of 5-10 people will be a definite advantage.
- Prior experience in either University or an Academic setup will be added advantage •Strong command over MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Excellent people management skills
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and IAS and their application.
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria for this position, please email your application with updated resume/CV and a cover letter addressed to the Global Director Talent Acquisition, Human resources at [email protected]
The deadline for submitting application is Wednesday 07th December, 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be con
ALSO READ: Logistics Officer at CMS (Tanzania) LimitedJoin our Telegram Group to get daily Job Updates..Dont Miss a Chance Click HERE to Join