Forestry and Conservation Manager Job Opportunty at Unilever
Forestry and Conservation Manager
Purpose of Role
The Conservation & Forestry Manager co-ordinates company conservations and fuelwood operations plans and implementations through partnering with site managers and teams / individuals concerned to ensure a balance of supply and demand of both short- and long-term fuelwood to the company factories. Support the implementation of environmental targets for UTT including the local and legal requirements that support the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan.
- Plan, co-ordinate, report and overall supervise the end-to-end firewood operations programs against compliances to standards, plans and policies.
- These includes tree nursery operations, planting, maintenance, and harvesting.
- Short- and long-term thermal demand and supply planning to maintain the desired firewood supply
- Manage firewood distribution planning and execution to the manufacturing sites from source
- Prepares reports and communicate forecast and inventory measurements against the targets
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret relevant firewood operations data to act as a single point of reference for the same
- Develop collaborations with relevant institutions on areas of improvement beneficial to the company
- Train of the firewood teams on operational standardization and safety and harmonization.
- Support the development of operations and process controls and improvements to increase efficiencies in company environmental performance.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Manage the forest conservation areas for sustainability
- Monitor the various solid, liquid, and gaseous wastes generated in the business and the programs to reuse, reduce or recycle.
- Support the estates and factories on internal and statutory environmental audits
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Bachelors graduate in forestry or a related discipline
- 3 years hands on experience.
- Financial Competency
- IT Skills and use of MS Office.
- Asset Investment and Care
- Project Management
- Supply chain interactions
- Communication and presentation skills
- Demand Planning
- Customer service
- Supply Planning
- Inventory management
As per job/site requirements, local travel likely.
Should meet expectations on the Unilever Standards of Leadership behaviors relevant to this work level.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.