Exploration Manager at Sotta Mining Corporation Limited (Sotta)
Sotta Mining Corporation Limited (Sotta), a new joint venture company formed by Nyanzaga Mining Company Limited (NMCL) and the Government of Tanzania (GoT), is developing the Nyanzaga Gold Project (Nyanzaga or the Project) located within the southern area of the Lake Victoria Gold Fields, north-western Tanzania. Nyanzaga is in the Sengerema District within the Mwanza Region of Tanzania. The Project area lies approximately 60 km southwest of Mwanza.
Sotta is currently recruiting for a full time Exploration Manager to oversee the ongoing development of the Project, and candidates will be required to demonstrate the following minimum requirements:
- Is self-motivated and can operate both independently and part of a team.
- Has a proven track record and the ability to develop and manage all facets of exploration programs including program development, budget preparation, program management, report writing, general logistics, contractor supervision and HSE.
- Is field focused with strong mapping and structural geological and evaluation skills.
- Can assimilate and assess large data sets, and is able to articulate and present results clearly
- Has experience with several mineral commodities with sound knowledge of best practice geological systems, standards, and procedures.
- Has a proven track record to train, motivate and develop geological and technical staff with a strong ability for general problem solving in challenging environments.
- Must have ambition and tertiary geological qualifications as a minimum.
- Has been involved in several exploration programmes and through multiple companies and several commodities (i.e., demonstrates wide range of experience).
- Has a demonstratable track record of successful delivery of exploration programs and exploration success.
- Manage the activities of the drilling contractors and ensure completion of drilling programs are within approved timeliness and budgets.
- Report exploration results to management.
- Ensure completion of all technical work programs within approved timelines and budgets and delivery of all required information.
- Provide timely and accurate geological information for mineral resource model updates.
- Understand and manage exploration related risks and opportunities.
- Ensures that all exploration data are remain available for analysis and interpretation.
- Manage all aspect of the exploration business to comply with local laws and corporate policies and procedures (includes all tenements management and negotiation with local and owners).
- Lead by example to promote safety awareness and compliance with all safety related policies and procedures.
- Investigate any incidents to ensure that lessons learned are captured and circulated to all relevant parties.
Minimum qualification: B.Sc. in Geology with post graduate qualifications in management;
Minimum experience: At least 10 years Exploration Manager experience with publicly listed companies (preferably ASX, TSX or LSE listings).
If you feel your skills, knowledge and experience match or even exceed the above job outline, and want to take a leading role in developing Tanzania’s first new large-scale gold mine in over a decade, then send a covering letter together with your detailed CV to: [email protected]
Deadline for applications is Sunday 21 August 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our FREE Job Alerts. You can also find us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.