Driver Job Opportunity at Bugando Medical Centre
Bugando Medical Centre is a consultant and teaching hospital for the Lake and Western zones of the United Republic of Tanzania. It is situated along the shores of Lake Victoria in Mwanza City. It has 950 beds and over 1300 employees. It is a referral centre for tertiary specialist care for eight regions, namely; -Mwanza, Geita, Simiyu, Mara, Kagera, Shinyanga, Tabora and Kigoma.
It serves a catchment’s population of over 14 million people. Bugando Medical Centre is therefore inviting suitably Tanzanians to fill the following vacancy.
DRIVER -1 POST
Must have a PSV or VIP driving Certificate from recognized vocational training; Must have a Driver’s License with at least class C, D, E and etc: Valid Public Driving Permit; Able to proficiently read, write and speak English; Minimum experience of 5 years.
Must have work experience of at least five (5) years in a related field from a reputable organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage all transport affairs.
Assist project teams with any logistics or coordination related to the project activities
Manage vehicle performance, this including i.e. fuels, vehicle service and maintenance requirements.
Have an understanding of compliance requirements for donor funded project.
In close collaboration with the related staff from BMC, the Driver shall;
- Transport workers during field visits
- Perform projects related logistics.
- Obey all traffic laws
- No driver will report to work or drive a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol
- Conduct regular car service
- Ensure that the vehicle is washed inside and outside
- Notify the Project Manager in case of mechanical failure or lateness
- Transport only authorized workers
- Maintain discipline when workers are on the vehicle
- Work overtime if required
- Complete fuel and oil log when filling the vehicle with petrol
- Drives staff members and official visitors for project-related trips, activities and assignments as requested.
- Facilitate the transfer of project visitors to/from their respective hotels to the office as well as airport transfers upon request
- Induct staff on vehicle SPOs before embarking on a field mission; ensure that passengers adhere to the traffic rules and regulations
- Maintain an up-date record of the log book (mileage, destinations, times & passengers, maintenance) for each trip in the book provided;
- Acts as interpreter when carrying passengers who do not understand the local languages and whenever required
- Uphold and abide by the Vehicle policy and local traffic rules and standards
- Ensures that all vehicles assigned are serviced and properly checked before undertaking a long drive
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident
- Present proper receipts on any expenditure incurred on their vehicle to the Officer in charge
- Submit a written report if any damage is done or noticed on the vehicle.
- Assist in the preparation of a weekly travel schedule for staff in consultation with the project/program team; ensure all vehicles have all accessories, submission of status reports, maintenance, fuel, vehicle cleanliness and general observation of the BMC. Standard Operating Procedures, and as per donor’s requirements.
- In liaison with the line supervisor, ensure that the Licenses are up-to date and that vehicles are well maintained and serviced on time as the need arises.
- Ensure that all vehicles are fitted with the necessary security apparatus.
- Receive all utility bills and present to the Finance office in a timely manner
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including insurance, vehicle logs, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts are in each BMC vehicle
- Collects and delivers mail or documents as when required
- Conduct bi-monthly checks on the functionality of the office property, vehicles, generator, and communicate on any aspects that require further attention
- Comply with all safety and health procedures and requirements at BMC and, at all times ensure your own safety and health and that of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at BMC.
- During office events and field visits, carry out other tasks as may be required from time to time for in support of programme activities. These shall include, distribution of material, as guided by the event team leader.
- Run office errands such as the delivery of documents, equipment, mail and other errands as may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the office
- Assist with office tasks such as photocopying, pick up of supplies etc
Term of engagement: Two years renewable contract.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Letter of application should be written in English preferably handwritten attaching a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, should put in a sealed envelope addressed to ;
Bugando Medical Centre
Submit the application documents in PDF format to email address; [email protected]
The deadline for submissions of applications is 14th September, 2022 at 18:00 pm. This advertisement is also available through the hospital website www.bugandomedicalcentre.go.tz