Assistant Accountant at TRA Saccos Ltd
Assistant Accountant at TRA Saccos Ltd
TRA SACCOS LTD is a registered Savings and Credit Co-operative Society whose main objective is to mobilize savings from members and in return provide credit facilities. TRA SACCOS LTD is an employee-based SACCOS which was established under the current governing Co-operative Societies Act No. 20 of 2003 in 2006 and Licensed as Class B under Microfinance Act No. 10 of 2018 in 2021. Other objectives of the SACCOS are to encourage thrift among its members by educating members on the advantages of developing a savings behavior, through proper investment best practices aimed at improving the social and economic conditions of its members. This is achieved by offering members complementary savings schemes, credit facilities and other financial products as may be required by the members from time to time.
TRA SACCOS LTD invites applications from suitably qualified and competent candidates to fill the following vacancies listed below:
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT- (1 Post)
RELATED POST: Accountant at TRA Saccos Ltd
The Assistant Accountant will provide full accounting services including monitoring and developing budget, audits, client Management, Financial analysis and reporting system based validation of transactions
Reporting to: Head of Finance Department
Duties and Responsibilities
- Computing payable loan amount(s)to members by determining processing fee and sinking fund charges.
- Receiving death announcement, verify for eligibility of Rambi-rambi, prepare request for approval and maintain database for rambirambi payments.
- Preparing all incoming payment requests.
- Filling of all documents after payments in the respective files
- Compiling members’ refunds report on monthly basis and keep the refund records in the respective files
- Compiling the applications of new members to members’ employer payroll section for deduction of membership fee, shares, Savings and any other products.
- Preparing payment sheet and make petty cash payments; prepare Petty Cash Vouchers and maintain documentation.
- Creating new members into the system and open the necessary accounts such as Savings products accounts,
- New loans accounts Shares accounts and other SACCOS products Accounts.
- Initiating payment documents in regards to cheques writing for loan disbursements, prepare Check-list, cover letters, TISS forms and softcopies of PAYEES.
- Initiating M-Pesa Payment in the system facility loan disbursements
- Preparing Interest on saving payment requests by sorting and analysing as per members’ decisions and directives
- Preparing expenditure journals, creditors, debtors’, salaries and other journals
- Preparing and maintain reconciled Cashbooks.
- Preparing request and pay quota payments for unit leaders’ allowances
- Assisting in providing documents as requested by Auditors
- Capturing and Posting of data into the Core Banking System
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by a supervisor.
- Holder of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in one of the following fields; Accountancy, Finance, Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Accountancy or Finance or equivalent qualifications from recognized Institutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Good in Microsoft office (i.e. Word, Excel etc.).
- Problem solving and self-initiative skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan and execute tasks with minimal supervision
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and suitably qualified Tanzanians should forward their applications on or before 15th June 2023, including a well written application letter, detailed up to date Curriculum vitae with 2 professional or academic referees best known to them, one (1) current passport size photograph and signed by the applicant, and certified copies of relevant academic certificates and transcripts
Please note the following:
- Applicants to the positions must be Tanzanians
- The age of applicants should be between 22 to 35 years
- All positions are based in Dar es Salaam and mode of employment is Fulltime with 3 years’ renewable contract upon satisfactory performance.
- The advertised positions require excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English and Swahili Languages
- Academic certificates obtained from foreign universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
- Applicants should also submit /present National Identification Number(NIDA)
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates
Signed application letter should be written in English and Addressed to Chairman, TRA SACCOS LTD, P.0. BOX 63225, DAR ES SALAAM.
- Applications must be sent electronically through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRA SACCOS LTD is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- If you do not hear from us by 22th June 2023 consider yourself unsuccessful.
How to Apply:
Applications must be sent electronically through the following email: email@example.com.