Advisor for Digital Innovation in Pandemic Control Job Opportunity at GIZ
Advisor for Digital Innovation in Pandemic Control
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
The GIZ programme Improving Health Care Provision in Tanzania’ (IHCP) is looking to fill the position of Advisor for Digital Innovation in Pandemic Control (DIPC) in Tanzania and Malawi in collabora- tion with Digital Square and the Ministries of Health (MOH).
Duty station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Fixed term contract
Responsibilities and Tasks
The advisor is expected to carry out the following tasks and services:
- Nodal officer for DIPC project till the end of 2024, based on the agreed job description.
- Plan, organize and supervise the implementation of the DIPC activities in Tanzania and Malawi according to the objectives of the program, in alignment with local implementation part- ner(s).
- Advise the component leader and the DIPC project team as well as facilitate reporting to wards the commissioning parties(e.g., BMZ).
- Strategy development for the DIPC project, especially with regard to long term impact and sustainability.
- Project documentation for monitoring as well as impact evaluation through studies and research with internal and external partners.
- Actively contribute and participate in meetings or working groups of relevant national as well regional implementation partners of DIPC, wherever relevant for implementation
Organize implementation relevant events and workshops.
Management and coordination
- Plan, implement and monitor the execution of the project and steering of implementation partners including conducting on-site visits and workshops with partner at the national level, en- suring activities executed are in line with pre-agreed scope to achieve compliance with the DIPC indicators that it foresees, in accordance with the guidelines of those in charge of the GIZ office in Tanzania and Malawi as well as the DIPC team.
- Prepare financial plans for project activities and manage project activities according to approved budgets
- As designated by the head of the component, manage the financial and contractual processes of the project regarding the procurement of supplies and services and the elaboration of the grant agreement, in accordance with GIZ and national standards.
- Formulation of project action plans and synchronizing the planning and budgeting system and its counterparts
ordinator of the German Development Cooperation in Health
Public Relations for the DIPC project
- Train, advise and monitor DIPC implementing partners on the appropriate use of corporate identity for program implementation and result reporting.
- Support results communication across all available platforms including cooperation and communication with the relevant focal points of the implementing partners.
- Ensure that the DIPC message is communicated clearly and uniformly.
- Ensure cross-program knowledge management of project products
- Maintain a resource repository at the DIPC Teams channel and websites as needed.
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experiences
- Master’s degree in computer science, health informatics, medical informatics, bioinformatics or similar
- At least 3 years of experience in digital health/medical informatics implementation projects
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- High level of professional and personal integrity
proven ability for team-work, co-creation and skill-transfer
- Very good working knowledge of ICT (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications^.g. MS Office, Excel)
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of the English, knowledge of German is an added advantage but not a requirement
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of aca- demic certificates by email to [email protected]
Please use the subject line “the Digital Innovation in Pandemic Control”.
Closing date for submission: 16.09.2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability, or any other minority group.