Administrative Officer at Jhpiego
Administrative Officer at Jhpiego
About the job
The Administrative Officer is responsible for maintaining the Jhpiego Administrative office including to ensure cleanliness, functioning phone system, maintaining telephone contact information, and ensuring prompt and timely assistance to all visitors, coordinate on local, regional and zonal travel, Hotel bookings and other administrative issues. The Administrative Officer will also assist with other like sending/receiving couriers, ensuring mail is picked from the post office and other office support tasks as needed. This position is open to Tanzanian nationals only and the applications will be received by 8th June, 2023.
RELATED POST: Technical Officer, Family Planning at Jhpiego
- Office Management and Operations
- Provide supervisory roles to other supportive staff including cleaners and security, to ensure timely delivery of day-to-day assigned duties.
- Ensure documents are properly documented and filed.
- Coordinate with procurement team to ensure that office running required items are available in time to support program and office undertakings, including monitoring of procurement plan
- Facilitate smooth day to day office running to ensure availability of all office requirements.
- Ensure good relationship between the organization and the partner over the phone and through e-mails when interacting with or visiting the regional Office.
- Maintain reception information/literature and keep the reception area tidy and welcoming.
Acknowledge receipt of all incoming mails, invoices, register the same and channel to responsible official for action.
- Oversee proper running of utilities for the offices such as electricity, water and proper function of telephone lines
- Provide regular guidance/feedback to the Senior Operations Manager on the reception/front office issues/office management issues.
- Oversee the use and maintenance of the office equipment including the photocopier, binding machine to ensure that they are in working order and arrange for their repair and maintenance as needed.
- Follow up of service provider
- Manage safety and security of the building and assets.
- Ensure that all office equipment and work space properly maintained and serviced follow up with vendors for after sale service and maintenance.
- Assume other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Hotel Management
- Assist in arranging local and regional staff travel, which includes hotel bookings, airport transfers, arranging for travel advances, making hotel reservations as needed.
- Consolidate the list of hotel, renegotiating the rate, and update the contracts
- Manage the hotel agreement by making sure they are updated on time and have the list uploaded at my.jhpiego.org
- Make close follow up of statement reconciliation monthly
- Collect invoices and attach the relevant support documentation; responsible for preparing POs for hotel, work closely with VAT refunds.
- Request official receipts from vendors following payment or transfer made to them
- Work with Finance team to close all none paid PO from the QB on monthly basis; work with the Zone offices to make sure the PO are closed.
- Verifying all hotel listed, attach the relevant support documentation; responsible for preparing POs for hotel.
- University degree and/or college diploma and minimum 2 years relevant experience in related field
- Secretarial training and/or office management/operations training
- Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.