3 Assistant Credit Officers at TRA Saccos Ltd
3 Assistant Credit Officers at TRA Saccos Ltd
TRA SACCOS LTD is a registered Savings and Credit Co-operative Society whose main objective is to mobilize savings from members and in return provide credit facilities. TRA SACCOS LTD is an employee-based SACCOS which was established under the current governing Co-operative Societies Act No. 20 of 2003 in 2006 and Licensed as Class B under Microfinance Act No. 10 of 2018 in 2021. Other objectives of the SACCOS are to encourage thrift among its members by educating members on the advantages of developing a savings behavior, through proper investment best practices aimed at improving the social and economic conditions of its members. This is achieved by offering members complementary savings schemes, credit facilities and other financial products as may be required by the members from time to time.
TRA SACCOS LTD invites applications from suitably qualified and competent candidates to fill the following vacancies listed below:
ASSISTANT CREDIT OFFICERS – 3 POSTS
To provide technical expertise in support of loan disbursement and recovery functions of the TRA SACCOS Ltd.
Reporting to: Head of Credit
Duties and responsibilities: –
- Responding to members enquires regarding loan eligibility.
- Carrying out loan assessment analysis to ascertain eligibility of loan to applicant.
- Ensuring report of deductions of loans for submission to payroll for verification & capturing in the system is well prepared.
- Carrying out refund requests analysis and recommend to the Head of Credit
- Preparing monthly Loan issuance and Disbursement Report
- Preparing weekly Bank Standing Order Report and Technical Committee Report.
- Informing loan applicants in writing on reasons for rejection or changed terms prior proceeding to the next stage.
- Preparing and entering TRA SACCOS monthly Credit report in the Cooperative Information supervision Management system (CISMIS).
- Ensuring effective data posting for all information concerning loan disbursement.
- Custodian of all loan disbursement information intact and accessible on demand.
- Ensuring both Customer care and Customer Services principles are well adhered.
- Ensuring that approved loans are timely submitted to Finance for disbursement.
- Participating on preparation of Annual Budget
- Performing Loan payments reconciliations and ensure loan deductions are received and posted on time
- Receiving calls, emails and responding accordingly
- Drafting responses against Credit department audit findings and recommendations
- Participating in developing /reviewing the society’s policies and procedures
- Playing role as secretary of the Credit Committee
- Managing loan repayments and recovery, and make follow up from defaulters through calls, email and physical visit, and prepare reports for defaulters and portfolio at risk
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience:
Holder of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in one of the following fields; Economics, Statistics, Accountancy, Finance, Banking and Finance, Commerce or Business Administration or equivalent qualifications from recognized Institutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence and persistence
- Having computer literacy (Excel and word)
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong ethical behavior and the ability to work with sensitive financial information.
RELATED POST: Accountant at TRA Saccos Ltd
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and suitably qualified Tanzanians should forward their applications on or before 15th June 2023, including a well written application letter, detailed up to date Curriculum vitae with 2 professional or academic referees best known to them, one (1) current passport size photograph and signed by the applicant, and certified copies of relevant academic certificates and transcripts
Please note the following:
- Applicants to the positions must be Tanzanians
- The age of applicants should be between 22 to 35 years
- All positions are based in Dar es Salaam and mode of employment is Fulltime with 3 years’ renewable contract upon satisfactory performance.
- The advertised positions require excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English and Swahili Languages
- Academic certificates obtained from foreign universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
- Applicants should also submit /present National Identification Number(NIDA)
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates
Signed application letter should be written in English and Addressed to Chairman, TRA SACCOS LTD, P.0. BOX 63225, DAR ES SALAAM.
- Applications must be sent electronically through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRA SACCOS LTD is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- If you do not hear from us by 22th June 2023 consider yourself unsuccessful.
How to Apply:
Applications must be sent electronically through the following email: email@example.com.