Technical Lead Job Opportunity at Smart Codes Limited
Dar es Salaam
Smart Codes Limited
Smart codes is a digital transformation platform company with a mission to solve African challenges through creative ideas, media, technology, and making a mark in everything we do across Africa.
We believe in adopting creativity and innovation as a driver to communicate organizational messages and in turn, bring change and growth to African communities. Times change and to prosper with our clients, we ensure to serve them with premium quality services delivered at high standards. Our vast profile ranges from being the leading advertising, marketing, and creative agency and groundbreaking innovators in technology all aimed at connecting African brands to the world.
We are looking for a Tech Lead that will help spearhead the Technical Team.
The following defines the responsibilities of a Tech Lead at Smart Codes LTD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setting company technical vision and leading the company’s technological development
- Developing strategic plans and setting timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of all technical, web, and mobile services
- Identifying opportunities for web and mobile services
- Collaborating with department heads, marketing, production, and operations as an advisor of all technologies involved with the company
- Ensuring technology standards and best practices are met
- Monitoring web analytics and making recommendations that align with business goals
- Supervising quality assurance processes, integration, and system tests
- Establishing the software development process and setting objectives for the process
- Mentoring team members
- Identifying company web/app user needs
- Monitoring performance profiling tools and procedures
- Maintaining network security with all SC infrastructures
- Remains sensitive to and skilled at delivering work on time and on budget; keeps leadership team informed; anticipates and communicates potential schedule or budget issues in advance and helps revise project approach
- Serves as lead architect, executing architecture reviews for all products
- Works collaboratively with product management and product marketing to ensure customer product objectives are meet
- Developing and implementing disaster and emergency recovery plans
- Supervising workflow of the Development department
- Defining company standards for systems, equipment, and software
- Sharing technological visions, opportunities, and risks company-wide
- Studying current and new industry trends, technologies, and software development
- Studying information processing systems to evaluate the effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement
- Representing the company at conferences and networking events
Ensuring the company’s technological processes and services comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations
- Accomplish all other assignments assigned by management
- Conducts weekly departmental meetings, sharing news, insights, presentations, etc.
- Mentors the product development team and provides guidance on professional development
- Develops requirements, and sources and manages software development partners to meet ongoing product development requirements, staffing ongoing and new competencies and achieve targeted product economics
- Develop, implement and manage software development using industry-leading methodologies
- Appropriately balances client requirements and timelines against architectural and product ‘ideals’Develops and maintains clear operating, product, and architectural principles – Works with team and partners to ensure the principles clearly guide decision making
- Develops product road maps and delivers against the agreed timelines within the agreed budget
- Designing and developing a wide variety of web and mobile projects
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle-concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores, and support
Professional organization leadership, speaking and authoring
Attends professional conferences and reports back to SC management
Provides thought leadership to the discipline of software product development, design, and architecture through interaction with peers, online forums, universities, etc.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY