Tax Manager Job at CCL Global
DodomaPosted 43 seconds ago
Contracts Consultancy Limited
- Full responsibility for managing the tax function and team of CLIENT’S Ltd. (tax resident in Uganda), in liaison with the Tax advisor in Tanzania
- Ensure tax compliance, in Uganda, in Tanzania and in the UK, with the Agreed Fiscal Regime as per the Uganda and Tanzania Host Government Agreements (CLIENT’S Acts) and the respective tax laws.
- Responsible for monthly VAT and WHT return filing, ensuring timely settlement of tax obligations, maintaining documentation and reconciling to General Ledger.
- Responsible for preparing the annual income tax returns (Uganda, Tanzania, UK)
- Provide guidance and advice to C&P Contract Engineers and Buyers on tax impacts in contracts, both general and specific.
- Liaise closely with Government fiscal authorities especially Uganda Revenue Authority/Tanzania Revenue Authority on any issues affecting CLIENT’S Ltd.
- Follow up legislation, analyze tax changes that may affect the business and their impact (researching, networking, analyzing, communicating on significant changes).
- Coordinate tax audits by URA and TRA, interface between auditors and company personnel, follow up on any disagreements.
- Participate in the Fiscal Management Committees between Uganda, Tanzania and CLIENT’S Ltd representatives as provided in the Share Holding Agreement
- Supervise the Tax advisor in Dar-es-Salaam
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the business disciplines and law
- Accounting and/or tax professional qualifications Master’s degree is a definite plus.
- Minimum 10 years experience in tax consulting and/or tax administration and/or tax compliance role in a multinational.
- Solid experience with the Tanzanian fiscal legislation Team management.
General Competencies ;
- A sense of service/orientation to internal customers/clients.
- Good analytical mind, verbal & written communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyze and explain complex issues.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in an international environment.
- Rigor and attention to internal control.
- Proficiency in related IT tools.
- Fluency in Swahili is a plus