Specialist – Community Relations at The School of St Jude
Specialist – Community Relations
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Do you have a track record of successfully managing and monitoring projects? Are you someone who thrives in dynamic, fast-paced work environments ready to take on the unique challenges of community relations and support the needs of underprivileged students? Does it sound like we’re talking about you… Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. Every year we give 1,800 students with free, quality education, 100’s of graduates with access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who you are
- Enthusiastic and compassionate individual with a genuine interest in community development and education.
- Detail-oriented and organized with a keen ability to manage projects, logistics and tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal skills and a friendly demeanour, fostering positive relationships with both team members and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities, able to inspire and guide a team towards shared goals.
- You go to sleep at night, with your mind buzzing with project management tactics designed to create impactful and sustainable solutions for Tanzanian youth.
What you’ll do
- Join a dedicated team coordinating student scholarship application logistics, ensuring accuracy and efficiency throughout the process.
- Develop and implement comprehensive plans and procedures for various Community Relations initiatives, capturing and analysing data for student applications and health and welfare.
- Organise day-to-day operations of Community data systems, working closely with academic teams, parents and stakeholders to streamline data collection initiatives.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external partners, contributing to successful project planning and implementation.
- Oversee the coordination of yearly health checks, managing recruitment logistics, and maintaining accurate health records for students.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; advanced degree preferred.
- Proven experience in project management and leadership roles, preferably within the education or community development sector.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and project management tools.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in both English and Swahili.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities, meet critical deadlines, and mentor colleagues effectively.
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/CR/01/23)
Applications close on 27 November 2023, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES IN JOB ADVERTISEMENTS AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS. THE SCHOOL OF ST JUDE DOES NOT REQUEST PAYMENT AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING THE OFFER STAGE. ANY PAYMENT REQUESTS SHOULD BE REFUSED AND REPORTED TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES FOR APPROPRIATE ACTION.