Senior Security Specialist; Penetration Tester Job Opportunity at NMB Bank PLC
Senior Security Specialist; Penetration Tester
Dar es Salaam
NMB Bank PLC
Job Location :
Head Office, Hq
To plan and implement security tests on NMB systems.
- Conduct in-depth planned and ad-hoc penetration testing engagements within the bank.
- Work closely with cross-functional delivery teams, present security test findings, agree upon remediation response plans, and follow-up implementation of the plans.
- Carry out proof of concept on known risks and discovered vulnerabilities against the bank’s environment.
- Prepare high-quality reporting for all tests performed that clearly articulate identified weaknesses.
- Research and develop customized tools and automation scripts to improve the identification of vulnerabilities.
- Provide security recommendations in the development and acquisition of the bank’s systems.
- Support all third-party security test engagements including regulatory tests conducted at the bank.
- Research, create, and maintain a repository of the security testing tactics, techniques, and tools to be used by the bank.
- Work with system vendors as well as internal teams in verifying the security of the applications/systems implemented within the bank.
- Conduct adversary simulation of malicious tactics
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of the security testing landscape.
- In-depth knowledge of security of various operating system flavors such as Windows, Linux, and Unix.
- Understanding of the security mechanisms associated with Applications, Operating Systems, Networks, Databases, and Cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of common information security testing frameworks and methodologies.
- Understanding of network security architecture.
- In-depth knowledge of threat/attack modeling and design review.
- Strong pen-testing skills and experience in applications and infrastructure domains at a minimum.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English and Swahili.
- Demonstrable honesty, integrity, and credibility; ability to engender the trust and confidence of internal constituency and external partners.
- Ability to communicate complex security concepts in an easy-to-understand business language.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Preferred professional certifications such as OSCP, CEH, GIAC GPEN, GWAPT, GXPN, or any other relevant security certifications.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in Cybersecurity.
- Solid hands-on experience in carrying out Penetration Testing engagements.
- Solid experience in developing custom exploit code, scripts, and tools to be used for various stages of Penetration testing engagement.
- NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Read Also: How to customize your CV to match the job description
Job opening date : 08-Jul-2022
Job closing date : 22-Jul-2022