Senior Accountant Job Opportunity at TotalEnergies
TotalEnergies Dar es Salaam,
- Respect of the Golden rules and all the HSE rules and standards of TotalEnergies by all the staff, contractors, customers…
- Ensuring accurate and timely monthly and annual report and Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Supervising monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Preparation of a monthly accrual table. Reconciliation between accruals posted and invoices received.
- Coordinating preparation and review of bank reconciliations
- Becoming the FI key-user in SAP, acting as a FI expert and being able to follow up all the FI problems. Prepare and make internal training to other staffs
- Monitoring adherence to Company’s accounting procedures
- Assist with annual budgets – mainly OPEX
- Tax administration, by ensuring proper management of all tax obligations (VAT, Withholding taxes, Income Tax, PAYE/SDL, Stamp Duty, City Service Levy)
- Insurance administration, Ensure all insurance matters properly managed i.e. optimization of policies, renewals, periodic declarations, lodging and follow-up of claims
- Assist the Accounting Manager on managing and monitoring the Accounting service, work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintain a high level of accuracy
- Work with group external and internal auditors
- Development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Coordinate and perform annual appraisal for accounting staff and establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
- Providing required support to Credit control team to ensure all postings made in SAP in relation to customers are accurate, assist in resolving credit control issues, this include analyzing provision schedule, accurate receipting in customer accounts and where possible follow on long outstanding debts.
- Adhere to group procedures and timely reporting of treasury positions
- Performance or coordination of any other duty assigned by the Control Manager and Accounting Manager
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent in Finance/Accounting/Business Management with emphasis in Accounting –Professional qualified –CPA/ACCA
- 4-5 year prior experience in accounting/financial reporting/Audit areas, experience working with large multinational organisations
- PC proficient and experience with various and large automated accounting system and must have experience with Microsoft excel and word, Interface with SAP core processing or similar system required.
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required
- Ability to Multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able and be able to thrive in fast –paced work environment
Offer ID: 61319BR
Region, department, area: Tanzania
Employment type: Regular position
Experience Level Required: Minimum 6 years
Employer Company: TotalEnergies Marketing Tanzania Limited
Branch: Marketing & Services
About Us / Company Profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental
standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by
100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.