Sales Specialist Job Opportunity at Hitachi Energy
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
You as a Sales Specialist -Tanzania for Power Grid – Marketing & Sales Business Unit will directly report to the Sales Manager-Tanzania. You are responsible for sales of products/systems/services within a designated market in accordance with strategy. Build long term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer needs and issues. Identify and develop sales opportunities.
- Volume and profit: -Sells products/systems/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Units/Product Groups.
- Customer relations: -Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product/systems/ services offering, and align to provide a solution.
- Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
Sales plans: -Prepares sales plans using company tools.
- Performs regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls.
Sales: -Creates added value for the customer and Hitachi Energy and ensures the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales techniques.
- Communicates details in accordance with Hitachi Energy’s offering and strategy (delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions).
- Marketing: -Ensures efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
- New market opportunities: -Identifies and drives the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Administration: -Manages administrative procedures in sales processes and supports collection and project management activities when needed.
- Offer preparation: -Prepares offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Marketing Manager. Ensures appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Degree or Diploma in Electric or Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in customer relationship building, business development and sales in the utility environment in Tanzania.
- Proven track record of sales of Power Grid projects and products
- In depth understanding of the market and operating environment of the target country
- Proven experience in working with cross-country teams in the business areas of Power Grids is advantageous.
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com