Sales Executive Merchants Acquiring Job Opportunity at Equity Bank
Sales Executive Merchants Acquiring
Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC, Equity Bank is now home to more than 14 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
The Bank seeks to recruit passionate and self-driven individual to fill the position below.
Job Title: Sales Executive Merchants Acquiring
Reports to: Manager, Merchant Acquiring Business
The job holder is responsible to grow merchant business in the bank
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive aggressive recruitment of good quality merchants across the country to meet the targets
- Promote and present to merchants, retailers and other entities in Equity products to acquire new business partners. The Equity products include pre paid cards, loyalty programs, gift cards, installment card, express cards and any program that can be facilitated with the use of a card, POS and e-Commerce.
- Maintain merchants relationships to ensure continual growth and sales targets.
- Maintain a high level of merchants’ activities at all times
- Leverage prospect and contract new merchants and partners by presenting the appropriate Selektpoints solution for the business.
- Plan major/national events, programs and activities that will drive merchant acquisition
- Initiate and manage co-marketing initiatives with Our Merchants to maximize business results. Co-work with the Marketing team to drive initiatives that deliver business results.
- Customer Satisfaction Improvement: gather feedback from end-customers and work with product team and customer service team to improve customer satisfaction
- Keep on advising the bank on the best solutions for merchant business in the country
- Ensure high productivity levels by Merchants Acquiring supervisors through performance reviews by mentoring and coaching
- Work closely with Branches Merchant Supervisors, Product, Customer Service & Operations, and Integration team to provide value added service for Our Merchants
- Ensure 100% compliance to the Banks policies and procedures
- Oversee to ensure the bank corporate image is promoted
- Be on the top with market intelligence by identifying the emerging market trends.
- Ensure branches and supervisors are well supported for effectiveness and efficiency service delivery.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent financial and business analytical skills
- Excellent business/client relationship management skills
- A minimum of three years’ banking experience in Sales Merchant Acquiring.
- Computer literate
- Sound communication and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and decision-making abilities.
- Problem solving.
- Customer and service orientated.
- Have a supportive, solution seeking approach.
- Works as part of a team and builds relationships (Team player).
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and integrity.
- Focuses on delivering results.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT
Bachelor Degree from any recognized university preferably in Banking, commerce, Economics, Accountant or related field.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to [email protected]
To be considered your application must be received not later than June 22, 2022.
Equity Bank (T) Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
“Equity Bank (T) Ltd does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.