Safety Officer Job at CVPeople Tanzania
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaam, Tanzania | Posted on 08/05/2022
- To Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- To Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- To Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- To Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation.
- To Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives.
- To Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity(e.g. not using protective equipment).
- To Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- To Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy.
- To Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker.
- Document staff information, minutes of meetings, and reports compiled for management.
- Establish a cordial and professional relationship with employees.
- Compile and maintain relevant registers to ensure compliance
Knowledge and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree or an associate degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in this position
- Proven experience as safety officer.
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g., OSHA) and procedures.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices.
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
- Certificate in occupational health and safety.
- Valid competency certificates.
- Registration as a Health and Safety Officer.