Resource Mobilization Officer Intern Job Opportunity at AfyaPlus Organization
Resource Mobilization Officer Intern
Afyaplus organization bringing clean water and sanitation programs in the community, with focus on girls and women, education and Health.
WE ARE HIRING A RESOURCE MOBILIZATION OFFICER INTERN AT AFYAPLUS ORGANIZATION
Role: Resource Mobilization Officer
Duration: 6 Months
Terms of reference for Resource Mobilization Officer at AfyaPlus Organization
1.0 ABOUT AFYAPLUS ORGANIZATION
Afyaplus Organization is primarily focused on cultivating behavior change and build a strong community through promotion of water sanitation and hygiene services and empowerment of young girls and women through involvement of relevant stakeholders.
We have strengthened water sanitation and hygiene services in schools within Iringa region and interventions have impacted nearly 203,141 lives in 99 schools.
Reporting To: Afyaplus Executive Director.
2.0 JOB DESCRIPTION
AFYAPLUS ORGANIZATION is seeking a qualified Resource Mobilization officer aged 18 to
35 to join our team. AFYAPLUS is a non-profit and non-business organization registered under the NGO act dealing with prevention and control of diseases through Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Adolescence and Young Women Empowerment.
3.0 JOB SUMMARY
We are currently looking for a vibrant, competent, dynamic, and experienced Resource Mobilization officer to strengthen our team and who will be responsible for Resource Mobilization activities of the organization.
- Facilitate the development of a Afyaplus Resource Mobilization Strategy that includes securing new, diverse and additional resources for Afyaplus. The strategy should respond to Afyaplus funding needs.
- Conduct and develop a 5-year funding needs assessment for Afyaplus.
- Develop a Resource Mobilization Manual that includes standard operating procedures and processes; and define the direction of resource acquisition and utilization, approvals and follow up.
- Conducting research on potential donors/partners such as trusts, foundations, companies and high net worth individuals. This includes proactively identifying funding opportunities, as soon as or ideally before they become public knowledge and constantly scan the horizon, network and solicit donor intelligence and share information on donor profiles (policies, preferences, geographical focus).
- Draft appealing proposals and concepts to diverse sources, including development partners, corporate, academia, policy-makers, and foundations.
- Produce Resource mobilization Plans and Reports as per stipulated periods and requirements.
Includes close working relation with the Finance team in development of appropriate budgets.
- Developing, managing and updating friends of Afyaplus databases to record their contacts and preference information, maintaining a network of corporate contacts and effectively managing and maximizing these relationships.
- Develop and Strengthen Partnerships for Joint Proposal Writing especially with credible organizations in the country. Includes registering with relevant fund-raising associations.
- Organize resource mobilization events.
- Build staff capacity on resource mobilization at all levels, including development of tools and skills to aid staff in resource mobilization. This will also include, internally building a case for Resource Mobilization by sensitizing staff on the proposition for mobilizing resources.
- Maintain relations with donors and ensure they are consistently and timely informed on important operational Issues. This includes effective communication with donors’ focal points and being Afyaplus focal point for resource mobilization and sustainability activities
- To be a lead in concept note, report and proposal writing as well as ensure timely submission to donors or other funding affiliates.
- To advice Afyaplus Management on relevant development partners requirements/compliance and potential funding opportunities.
- To network, update and liaise with key in country and international development partners and donors.
- To Effectively develop, update and operationalize the Strategic Plan as well as Resource
- To assist in improving the fundraising, resource mobilization and organizational capacity of
- To Assist in timely planning, budgeting and progress reporting for all programmed activities.
- Do any other relevant activity or assignment as it may be directed by the Executive
- Develop and implement Resource Mobilization Strategy.
- Produce Resource Mobilization Plans and Reports.
- Research and identification of relevant resources includes identify Request for Proposals
(RFPs) and Request for Applications (RFAs), guide and coordinate responses.
- Achieve appealing proposals and concepts and effective communication with donor focal points. Includes being Afyaplus focal point for resource mobilization and sustainability activities.
- Submit 1 Organization Report per Month
- To submit 1 Mobilization Report per weekly basis.
- To submit Afyaplus Organization Quarterly Report every Quarter
- To submit at least 3 Funding Proposal per Month.
- Submit 1 Afyaplus Organization Mobilization plan per Quarter
- To timely and on-time submit all Afyaplus Reports Quartey Report to relevant partners and donor.
5.0 JOB REQUIREMENT
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in one of the following Social Science, Business Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, project management and planning. business administration, statistics, economics, marketing, or a related field, Master’s degree will add advantage.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of demonstrated experience in developing fund-raising strategy and institutional resource mobilization, understanding of the development sector and grants management. A proven track record of fundraising from major donors, corporate and foundations.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of demonstrated experience in working with NGO’s
- Proven competence in written and spoken English, good writing and editorial skills.
- Proven skills in developing and writing successful funding proposals
- Have high energy, confident presenter who is able to engage people and get them to commit funding/and or to partnering with Afyaplus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Also, very strong networking skills and excellent interpersonal relationship skills
Interested Persons will be required to submit the following details to the address below.
- Application Letter
- Updated curriculum vitae that spells out qualifications and experience.
- 3 contacts of relevant referees.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, AFYAPLUS ORGANIZATION,
The application can be sent via email [email protected] or submit your application direct
to our office at Gangilonga – Iringa MC nearby Toyota Garage / ASAS Tower, not later than 11th
September 2022.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 1 September 2022