Rector Job Opportunity at Institute of Accountancy Arusha
POST: RECTOR – 1 POST
EMPLOYER Institute of Accountancy Arusha (IAA)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2022-09-01 2022-09-14
The Rector must have proven experience to develop and coordinate the implementation of academic vision for an institution of higher learning coupled with possession of ability to influence, persuade, build coalitions, networks and ability to do the following:
- To stimulate and encourage new ideas and development through motivation and support of staff and students.
- To possess and exercise rich skills in designing and developing market-pace curriculums for academic functions;
- To exercise expertise in designing and implementing corporate strategic plans;
- To initiate and establish foreign (abroad) campuses;
- To initiate and manage construction projects related to campus expansion;
- Capability to position IAA competitively in global arena;
- Capability to enhance IAA revenue for growth and sustainability; and
- Business continuity mind-set person.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be the Accounting Officer and spokesperson of the Institute;
- To facilitate learning (by teaching) of academic programmes at the institute;
- To be the Principal Academic and Administrative Officer of the Institute and Secretary to the Governing Council;
- To be responsible to the Governing Council for the implementation of the decisions of the Council;
- To oversee the enforcement of by laws and regulations made by the Council;
- To be responsible for formulation and implementation of policies to enhance the academic excellence of the Institute;
- To promote good relations with the Government and other organizations;
- To be responsible for promoting efficiency in the academic activities related to training, research and consultancy; and
- To oversee the enforcement of bylaws and regulations made by the Government and Regulatory Bodies
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Professor or Associate professor in any of the following areas: Accountancy, IT, Banking, Insurance, Tax, General Management or any related areas;
- Senior Lecture who is a PhD holder and have a higher academic standing;
- Outstanding management experience in academic and administrative of at least seven years in a reputable institution;
- Proven ability to develop and coordinate the implementation of academic vision for the Institute of Accountancy Arusha; and
- Ability to influence, persuade, build coalitions, networks and ability to stimulate and encourage new ideas and development through motivation and support of staff and students.
According to IAA scale
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 September 2022.