Qualitative Data Collectors at Tanzanian Diabetes Association (TDA)
Qualitative data collectors
Tanzanian Diabetes Association (TDA)
The Tanzanian Diabetes Association (TDA) is a nationally recognized leader on diabetes policy and practice, a convener of the community movement, a partner to including foundations, government, and an advocate for people at risk of or living with diabetes including type 1 diabetes.
TDA in partnership with the University of Pittsburg and Life for A Child (LFAC) are looking forward to conducting a clinical trial to determine whether insulin glargine reduces the risk of serious hypoglycemia or improves Time in Range over 3-6 months when compared against standard of care human insulin (e.g. NPH or premixed 70/30) among youth living with type 1 diabetes (T1D) in low resource settings (HumAn-1 Trial). This is a two year project to be implemented between 2022-2024.
Therefore, TDA is calling for qualified candidates to apply for the following positions:
Job title: Qualitative data collectors (2 positions)
Reports to: Project Manager/Study coordinator and PI Contract: Part time
Location: Bugando Medical Center and Sekou Toure Hospital, Mwanza
- Holder of at least bachelor’s degree in social science, health related subject or equivalent 0 At least two years of experience in qualitative data collection, including qualitative interviewing, is required Ability to use a computer, tablets and MS package i.e. excel, PPT and Word.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under deadlines and independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working or interacting with with others including children, parents/caregiver and healthcare workers and discussing issues related to chronic conditions such as diabetes, is advantageous
- Great organizational capacity
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Available and ready to work in Mwanza from February 2023.
- Attend training workshop
- Have a thorough understanding of the trial protocol and in particular the qualitative component.
Able to follow study SoP
- Obtain informed consent of individuals to be interviewed Interview individuals to obtain relevant information using qualitative interview methods
- Collect data using tablets and excel templates or interview guide and audio tap
- Maintain privacy and total confidentiality regarding all information related to the study
- Assist in collecting feedback/ suggestions of participants, if necessary
- Perform verbatim transcription of collected qualitative data Performing any other duties related to the study as assigned by the study coordinator
Competitive salary shall be offered to qualified candidates
How to Apply:
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
If interested, please apply by sending a CV, over letter one page maximum and contact details of 3 references in English to [email protected] by the 18th of November, 2022; 1600 hours EAT.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Only applications submitted via e-mail shall be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.Job Opportunities