Public Health Volunteer/Internship at PHSRF
Public Health Volunteer/Internship
Dar es Salaam
Partners for Health Services and Research Foundation (PHSRF) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) that originated from the demand-driven reasons for saving lives of Tanzanians. Formed out of former Angaza Zaidi program, a countrywide HIV and AIDS prevention and sensitization program under USAID that was implemented since 2001, PHSRF has accumulated over 15 years of hands-on experience in implementing HIV and AIDS, STI and TB prevention, sensitization and awareness raising projects across the country.
PHSRF has also accumulated experience in gender mainstreaming in projects and have worked with Government of Tanzania in developing Gender Based Violence Training package. Our vision is “A world with vibrant communities who enjoy good health” while our mission statement is improving health and quality of life for every Tanzania by empowering community from within and supporting them to put knowledge into practice. PHSRF staff are highly trained and experienced in implementing research, Tuberculosis prevention and management, gender issues, HIV prevention and sensitization interventions, key population specific interventions, community-based interventions, communicable disease (CD) and non-communicable diseases (NCD) in workplace and communities.
Type of the Job: Internal and External Advert.
Position: Public Health Volunteer/Internship
Reports to: Project officer/Community Engagement officer
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- To Plan and coordinate awareness raising activities on HIV/AIDS, Sexual Transmitted infections (STI), Tuberculosis (TB), Emerging diseases, Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs), Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH), Family Planning (FP) and Gender Issues.
- To implement the awareness raising sessions to targeted communities on HIV/AIDS, Sexual Transmitted infections (STI), Tuberculosis (TB), Emerging diseases, Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs), Sexual
- Reproductive Health (SRH), Family Planning (FP) and Gender Issues.
- To conduct health education on TB, HIV and STI prevention including condom distribution to target beneficiaries.
- To design and conduct research studies including baseline and situational analysis as well as data collection analysis and report writing.
- To conduct capacity building activities on HIV/AIDS, Sexual Transmitted infections (STI), Tuberculosis (TB),
- Emerging diseases, Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs), Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH), Family Planning (FP) and Gender Issues
- To develop a Comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation framework/Plan for efficiency and effective data collection, analysis, reporting and informing and recording on various projects
- To develop information, knowledge and dissemination plan for smooth skills and knowledge transfer for a sense of ownership, sustainability, future use in the project areas and replication to other areas in similar situations.
- To coordinate and support outreach services including condom and IEC distribution to target communities
- To develop and submit project reports.
Required Qualifications and Experience
The minimum qualifications and experiences for this position include: –
- Diploma or Advance Diploma in clinical medicine or Nursing, a certificate or diploma in public health will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in supporting HIV, STI, TB Gender Issues and Emerging Diseases will be an added advantage.
- Must have a clear understanding of health systems in Tanzania.
- Must be conversant with organizing and implementing community outreach activities
- Should be able to communicate fluently in English and Kiswahili
- Should be a Tanzanian Citizen
- Should be deemed fit physically and mentally to perform the specified duties
How to apply.
PHSRF provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals and if you are qualified, you are encouraged to apply to: email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org
Send CV and cover latter only, The deadline is 27th November 2022.Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
READ MORE: OTHER Internship Opportunities