Project Manager Job Opportunity at NMB Bank PLC
Dar es Salaam
NMB Bank PLC
To ensure the bank’s strategic construction projects are delivered within specified timelines, budget, scope and quality specifications.
- Define project scope, objectives, approach, controls, acceptance criteria and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management
- Develop project plans with a comprehensive list of all envisaged activities, milestones, deliverables, and their
- corresponding ownership.
Facilitate definition and approval of business requirements and of business cases
- Estimate resources, budget and participants required to achieve project goals and motivate for their allocation
- Establish relevant project governance and communication structures for all designated projects
- Serve diligently as chairperson of the project working committee and secretary of the project steering committee for all designated projects
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Manage project risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions by ensuring proper recording, assignment of ownership and timely escalation to appropriate level of management where necessary
- Manage changes to project scope, budget, timelines and acceptance criteria in line with the agreed process
- To design and implement a quality assurance framework for designated projects in order to ensure all predefined quality objectives are fully attained
- To ensure project consultants, contractors and sub-contractors are fully adhering to the provisions of the quality assurance framework
- To prepare and enforce a site inspection schedule
- Facilitate a project closure workshop and ensure lessons learned are identified and used to improve future practices
- Ensure an effective maintenance and support model is established and handed over to those responsible for subsequent day to day management of completed project outputs
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced understanding of buildings construction best practices and methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with top management in the course of presenting progress status, risks, issues or when motivating for project resources
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including top management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of a University Degree in Architecture, Quantity Surveying and Civil Engineering.
- Post graduate qualifications in Construction Project Management or Building Economics
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment is essential.
- At least 5 years’ experience in management of construction projects.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job opening date : 21-Jun-2022
Job closing date : 05-Jul-2022