Project Coordinator / Office Staff Job at Korea Foundation for International Healthcare (KOFIH)
Position: Project Coordinator / Office Staff
Korea Foundation for International Healthcare (KOFIH) is a public agency founded in 2006 under the Ministry of Health and Welfare of the Republic of Korea. KOFIH strives to fulfil our roles and responsibilities as Korea’s leading organisation dedicated to healthcare support and cooperation to further enhance national prestige. We aim to share the experiences and expertise of Korea, which transformed into a donor country from an aid recipient country, with all who are suffering from poverty and disease. It is our mission as a member of the international community to aggressively respond to many diseases that pose a threat to the security of humankind for future generations.
KOFIH Tanzania Office in Dar es Salaam was officially opened in 2017 to implement various global health projects, although the cooperation with Tanzania first kicked off in 2009. KOFIH office, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health (MOH), has devoted itself to the improvement of the healthcare system and led some projects such as the Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health Care project in Pwani and Dodoma Region, Hospital Management Technical Support Program for Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) Mloganzila Campus, Dr LEE Jong-wook Fellowship Program, a training program for healthcare workers to build up their capacity which leads to contribution of achieving sustainable development goals and also training for biomedical engineers and technician for capacity enhancement of medical equipment services (CEOMETS).
As KOFIH Office is expanding healthcare support projects, including the upcoming projects, KOFIH seeks a qualified candidate for the following position.
Job Title: Project Coordinator / Office Staff
– Location: Dar es salaam, Tanzania
* Duty station is subject to change depending on the terms of reference and the condition of the office
– Position type: Contract-based / 3 months’ probation
– Annual Salary: Competitive
– Job role: Experienced
– Organisation type: Foreign Governmental Organisation
– Application deadline: 23rd August 2022
The general roles and responsibilities are to contribute to how the health challenges in various health sectors in Tanzania would figure out through innovative public health methodologies. The person in charge will work closely in collaboration with the MOH, Project Management Committee (PMC) and other relevant stakeholders. Also, she/he should be involved in project planning as per requirement. She/he will advise and coordinate the implementation of the project activities in providing accountability and ensuring efficiency and success from start to finish of the project. She/he will be responsible for establishing, modifying and monitoring key performance indicators to report the physical progress of the project. In addition, she/he should be good at office work in harmonisation with other colleagues, preferably good at numerical capability.
Essential duties and Responsibilities are to:
- Be responsible for planning and management of the project in order to achieve targets in accordance with the approved work plan and approved monitoring and evaluation performance framework
- Ensure timely and quality completion of all program technical and financial deliverables and reports in accordance with KOFIH – Tanzania guideline
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to ensure that activities related to the Health system strengthening are implemented and monitored, and objectives are implemented as planned
- Establish / refine monitoring systems and tools to measure project progress
- Provide guidance and oversight of technical components of the project to ensure implementation that complies with the KOFIH work plan, performance, framework, and budgets
- Support and conduct onsite field supervisions to ensure the execution of baseline, periodic, and final evaluations to monitor the progress of project activities
- Manage all aspects of M&E data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by project team members and project counterparts
- Foster strong partnerships and collaborations with MOH, President’s Office, Regional Administration and Local Government Tanzania (PO-RALG) and other relevant stakeholders
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programmes
- Be responsible other relevant duties such as paper work given by supervisors according to the organogram
- At least Bachelor degree in Public health, Social science, Statistics, Developmental Studies, Statistics, Health science, Nurse, Medicine.
- But, preferred the advance level such as Master degree in such fields or other related fields
- 2-4 years or more of working experience in the relevant field such as governmental/international agencies, non-governmental organisations is preferred
- Experience working with an international development organisation and knowledge of reporting procedures
- Exceptional English written and oral communication skills, strong critical thinking, problem solving, attentiveness to detail, working-centric approach, purpose-driven thinking, accountability, and time-punctuality
- Ability to work independently, but in a consultative environment with other staff and supervisor
Skills and Proficiencies
- Must be an excellent computer literacy with strong knowledge of Microsoft office package
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and coordination skills
- Reporting, writing, professionalism, accuracy, attention to details, multitask, teamwork, and discretion
How to apply:
All qualified candidates should submit their Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter to:
Email: [email protected]
Written exercises interview
Oral / Verbal Interview, including presentation
Do not attach testimonials, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please indicate the Current Annual Salary and Expected Annual Salary in the Cover Letter.