Project Coordinator Job Opportunity at NIMR
Project Coordinator Job Opportunity at NIMR
Dar es Salaam
NIMR Website NIMR The National Institute for Medical Research
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization under the Ministry of Health. The Institute is mandated with carrying out, controlling, coordinating, registering, monitoring and promoting Health Research in Tanzania.
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR), with support from Brigham & Women’s Hospital, has solicited funds to conduct a project titled “Tanzania PEN
PLUS”. This project aims to scale up the WHO Package of Essential NonCommunicable Interventions for common NCDs and PEN PLUS interventions for severe NCDs such as type 1 diabetes, rheumatic heart disease and sickle cell disease at district (first level) hospitals in Tanzania.
NIMR is looking for a well-trained, competent, self-motivated Tanzanian candidate to fill a vacant position within the Project.
Position: Project Coordinator (1 Position)
Reports to: Project Principal Investigator (PI)
Job Location: Dar es Salaam.
The Project Coordinator will facilitate and coordinate daily project activities and play a critical role in the implementation of the project at the national level. By performing these duties, the Project Coordinator will work with the Project Investigator and other stakeholders to support and provide guidance on administration, financial, personnel and other related aspects of the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To ensure execution of project activities according to plan;
- To develop accurate source materials and ensure compliance from project staff and stakeholders;
- To provide accurate and timely documentation and reporting to both Partner and Leadership of the Project;
- To ensure appropriate credentialing and training of the project team members in the project sites;
- To communicate and collaborate on specific project requirements to the project team, including PI, partner and stakeholders;
- To ensure compliance with project protocols by providing ongoing quality control audits;
- To facilitate communication of the project’s progress to all stakeholders on implementation strategies; this includes providing regular status updates and progress reports to project management;
- To facilitate timely and effective stakeholders’ communication through regular meetings, reporting, site visits and conference calls;
- To manage effective relationships and open communication with project site facilities and key stakeholders at the national level;
- To compile and maintain all project documentation in accordance with Project SOPs; To prepare quarterly, annual and terminal progress reports of the work done;
- To organise meetings, as necessary, with project team members and collaborators, including programme, accommodation, travel, venues and social events; and
- To perform any other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Project Coordinator Job Opportunity at NIMR
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A holder of MSc level with a medical background, MD, MPH;
- At least a minimum of two years of experience in coordinating a Project;
- Good analytical skills and ability to understand complex subjects; extract and communicate relevant information from data and documents;
- Ability to prepare comprehensive project documentation and reporting, using MS Office software, for internal and stakeholders’ communication;
- Expert project management skills, including a demonstrated ability to define scope, manage stakeholders, manage schedule/task activity, manage change and communicate risks;
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to organise time appropriately and effectively;
- Strong language skills fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili, including presentation skills;
- Self-motivated, able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to appropriate project authority requests and collaborate with others to utilise their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions;
- Strong organisation, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritise tasks for both self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
CONTRACT TENURE: One-year renewable contract.
REMUNERATION: Salary will be offered as per Project Budget.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae. Applicants are required to submit their applications no later than two weeks after this advertisement’s first appearance (see the date above) to the address below. Applicants are also reminded to indicate all contact information necessary, with which information can reach them easily.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. If you do not hear from us two weeks after the closing date, consider yourself unsuccessful.
The applicant is required to submit his/her hardcopy application to the address below.
The Director General,
National Institute for Medical Research,
P O Box 9653,
11101 DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA.
The deadline for submitting the application is 12 October 2022.