Project Accounts and Finance Officer at WWF
Position: Project Accounts and Finance Officer
Reports to: Programme Executant
Location: Bunda, Mara. Start Date: Immediate
Project Accountant and Finance Officer will ensure accurate financial accounting & reporting of the financial progress of projects, investigate variances, post expenses, and ensure that various projects billings are issued and payments made in accordance with WWF Tanzania financial policies and procedures.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Management of Staff advances o Prepares and verifies travel documentation and payments of staff advances and other allowances related to project activities.
- Reviews staff surrenders for accuracy & completeness before posting into the organization’s accounting software.
- Carries out monthly staff account reconciliation & issue staff account statements on a monthly basis.
- Management of accounts payables
- Reviews all invoices & ensures that all necessary support documentations are provided prior to posting in the accounting ledger.
- Makes payments to suppliers through the organization’s banking platform in accordance with WW Tanzania finance policy
- Carries out supplier reconciliation on a monthly basis and resolves any disputes within the shortest time possible
- Project accounting & reporting
- Creates project accounts in the accounting system and maintains project-related records, including contracts and change orders
- Performs accurate transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts
- Reviews weekly timesheets for work related to projects
- Verifies and approves payment vouchers, petty cash vouchers and suppliers’ invoices and account totals related to the project
- Ensures prompt and effective investigation of project variances and submits variance reports to TCO – Programme Accountant
- Closes out projects accounts upon project completion o Prepares and submits Quarterly donor financial reports.
- Visits grant implementing partners to provide support & ensure compliance in grant spending and reporting
Petty Cash Management
- Verifies all petty cash vouchers for accuracy & completeness
- Posts petty cash expenses in the accounting ledger
- Prepares a monthly reconciliation of the petty cash account
- Bank Reconciliation
- Ensures that all bank transactions are posted in the accounting ledger
- Carries out a monthly bank reconciliation within the stipulated timelines
- Cash Management
- In conjunction with the programs team, prepares a monthly cash forecast for the Bunda office
- Ensure adequate cash balances for Mobile money & bank accounts
- Filing & archiving
- Files and archives all accounting & supporting documents appropriately
- Other duties Assists in donor, internal & external audits
- Month end reporting-participate in month end closure of accounts as assigned
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Business fields such as accounting, finance, strategic management, etc.,
- 6 years of experience in projects finance and accounting & reporting;
- Experienced in financial budgeting and strategy; business evaluation and advice, risk management and corporate governance, managed statutory requirements¸ financial accounting and reporting;
- Sound knowledge of donor compliance regulations especially the USAID rules and regulation;
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Knowledge of Accounting software
- Ability to optimize operations, reduce costs, improve service quality, build new business and forge loyalty with clients, vendors and external business partners;
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within resource and time constraints;
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, plan and implement strategic initiatives within the context of conservation, natural resource management, international development, and/or other related fields.
- Effective and clear communication skills in writing and verbally in Kiswahili and
- English o Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration.
Internal: interacts with Heads of Departments, Finance & Operations staff and All WWF Kenya staff.
External: Interacts with WWF Network, Government Ministries and department, Civil Society Organizations, Service Providers and suppliers, Regulatory Bodies and Other Conservation Agencies
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants may get the detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) through the following websites: https://www.wwf.or.tz/jobs_and_opportunities/jobs/
Applications must include a complete Cover Letter & CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the People & Culture Manager, via email to: [email protected] by Monday, 15th August 2022 at 3:30 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. Female applicants are encouraged. WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce
WWF has a principle of zero tolerance for fraud and corruption, if you encounter such an incident, then report by sending an email to [email protected]