Operations Manager Job Opportunity at CVPeople Tanzania
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Arusha, Tanzania | Posted on 06/21/2022
Reports to: East Africa Operations Manager.
What you will be expected to do
- Team management: Driving professional growth within the team, mentoring/coaching individuals to develop valuable skill sets, assessing teams’ training needs,facilitating/arranging training as needed, and leading development and continuous improvement within the operations team.
- Driving operational efficiency through meeting KPIs including inventory turnover rates,zero stock-outs, inventory accuracy, procurement TATs, imports clearance and ensuring transportation/warehousing/procurement and departmental costs are within budget.
- Driving operational efficiency through meeting KPIs including inventory turnover rates, zero stock-outs, inventory accuracy, procurement TATs, imports clearance and ensuring transportation/warehousing/procurement and departmental costs are within budget.
- Inventory planning: Monitoring the inventory needs, coordinating with the sales team, and escalating to relevant teams to meet business needs and timelines.
- Inventory management: Overseeing inventory management to ensure optimized inventory levels and safekeeping of stock, lean stock keeping in risk areas out of the central warehouse, and inventory audits at central/retail stock points.
- Last-mile distribution process management: Working with the operations team as well as cross-functional departments to design and implement efficient processes for the last mile distribution of our Easy Buy Direct business; Overseeing the process of product removals and completeness of reverse logistics kits.
- Operational Risk Management: Identifying key operational risks and implementing formal root cause and corrective action programs.
- Systems and process design: Coordinating with technology teams to ensure company systems, including applications, meet Operational needs. Driving operations’ process documentation/measurement/ improvements.
- Monitoring of trade regulations: Closely monitoring any changes in tax/ duty and escalating accordingly.
- Partnership Management: Liaising with operations team customers (internal and external) to ensure delivery needs are met accurately and on time.
- Maintaining a procurement policy for use in-country.
- Any other business as assigned by your supervisor
- You might be a strong candidate if you have:
- Previous management experience, with the ability to lead professionals and guide their career development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or equivalent. MBA/MSC is an added advantage.
- 6+ years of work experience in a supply chain and logistics environment. Last-mile distribution experience preferred.
- Experience in business planning, procurement, warehouse, retail management and fleet management.
- Knowledge about import/export, transport routes, warehousing, and distribution networks.
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation pertaining to the region
- High analytical with a high degree of competency in ERP, Excel/Google Sheets, and other analytical tool