Operations Manager Job at Khulisa Management Services
Dar es Salaam
Khulisa Management Services
Khulisa Management Services (Pty) Ltd is a professional services firm which provides clients with research, monitoring and evaluation, and information technology services.
Khulisa seeks a qualified and experiencedOperationsManager for a 4-year USAID Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Adaptation (USAID/TMELA) Activity.
This prospective activity will support USAID/Tanzania’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning needs. Activities will include supporting performance monitoring efforts (DQAs, data collection, etc.), conducting evaluations and assessments of USAID’s activities in Tanzania, building MEL capacity among USAID staff and implementing partners, and other MEL-related responsibilities.
This is a full-time position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and is contingent upon project award to Khulisa.
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Operations Management, Human Resources or related field, an advanced degree is an advantage
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as an Operations Manager or similar role for a large donor-funded project, including at least four (4) years of supervisory experience
- Experience in human resources, operations, logistics, insurance, financial management, financial reporting, contracts and procurement processes
- Experience in management of project vehicles (insurance, log books, maintenance and spares)
- A proven record of management, decision-making, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage staff.
- Experience working in Tanzania on USAID projects/programs and a working knowledge of USAID policies and procedures in regards to human resources, financial management, financial reporting, and procurement processes
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with, Tanzania statutory business requirements (company registration, labor taxes, company taxes, banking, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-cultural and cross-cultural teams
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
Khulisa is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Khulisa provides market-competitive salaries and employee benefits.
Please apply with comprehensive CV highlighting experience to [email protected]