Office Support Specialist at Peace Corps
Office Support Specialist at Peace Corps
Dar es Salaam
The Peace Corps is an independent agency and volunteer program run by the United States Government providing international social and economic development assistance
PERSONAL SERVICES CONTRACTOR (PSC) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS
SALARY: Compensation is negotiable within a pre-determined range, based on salary history and experience. Non-cash benefits include medical, retirement and others where applicable. OPENING DATE: March 17,2023 CLOSING DATE: March 31,2023 (17:00pm Tanzania Time)
WORK HOURS: Full -Time / 40 hours/per week
These are Personal Service Contract (PSC) positions, to be based at Peace Corps’ office in Oyster Bay, Dar es Salaam. They are full-time, A0 hours per week positions. The schedule may vary, based on operational requirements and may include evening, holiday and weekend work. The anticipated contract will be for a base period, with up to four option periods, exercisable at the unilateral option of the Peace Corps based on satisfactory performance, continued need for the position, and availability of funds. Preference will be given to personal services candidates who are citizens of Tanzania at the time of application.
Office Support Specialist:
The Office Support Specialist (OSS), under the supervision of the program’s Country Director, must be adept in project management (including software), information management, and office management. The OSS must be extremely organized and able to create and manage Microsoft Project and Teams to empower collaboration and management of projects, including file sharing, meetings, and more. In addition, proven ability to handle information management, including codification, content management, information processes, and taxonomies. Overall, this position requires a strategic range of project management support, operational, administrative, and coordination functions to facilitate the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Country Director’s office.
Qualifications and Evaluations:
- Applicants must address each qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Project Management (including software know-how). Information Management know-how (if no certification).
- BA, BS, in business management and/or relevant field and experience demonstrating the ability to perform the required duties.
- English Level IV (fluent) and Swahili Level IV (fluent) in speaking/reading/writing is required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both languages required.
- Related work experience with demonstrated hands-on experience to perform the job duties.
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced know-how in Microsoft Office and project management software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize.
- Attention to detail with the ability to monitor and track program progress in coordination with key staff.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent multitasking skills, being able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Contract offer is contingent on availability of funds, reference checks, background check, medical examination, submission of proof of required vaccinations or other medical information.
- All applicants must identify in the application whether or not they have ever served Peace Corps as a Trainee or Volunteer (including Response), or as a staff member (USDH, PSC, or FSN), and if so, to identify the position location, position type, title, and starting and ending dates.
Procedures for Employment Applicants:
- Peace Corps Manual Section 611 is applicable to this position.
- This section prohibits the employment of certain persons previously engaged in intelligence activities or connected with intelligence agencies.
- If you have ever worked for an intelligence agency, you are NOT eligible for employment at the Peace Corps in any capacity, and you should not apply for employment.
NOTE: Peace Corps reserves the right to withhold an offer of a personal services contract to an individual that is a relative or household member of a current Peace Corps staff member.
Peace Corps reserves the right to not evaluate or to withhold an offer of a personal services contract to an individual that has a history of poor past performance or conduct as a Peace Corps Trainee, Volunteer, or staff member(USDH, PSC, or FSN).
The individual selected will be required to follow any workplace health and/or safety rules indicated for their position – including complying with any medical and/or training requirements specified for their position in accordance with public health and/or occupational health or safety policies.
Peace Corps will not discriminate against an applicant because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (A0 or older, except when the applicant is beyond the mandatory retirement age in the country of assignment), disability, or genetic information.
The individual selected may be asked to complete one or more temporary duty assignments at other Peace Corps posts, transfer to another Peace Corps post, or to complete a detail with another USG Agency, a Peace Corps Headquarters office, or with a post other than the post of assignment. As part of an approved detail, the individual may be requested to perform work that may be specifically in line with or may add to the duties stated in the contract.
How to Apply:
Individuals meeting the minimum qualifications should submit a cover letter with one-inch margins in Times New Roman font size 12, justifying your qualifications and proven track-record for the position. Also submit a maximum two-page Resume (even if your experience exceeds two pages, summarizing your qualifications).
Office Support Specialist (OSS) applicants – send both items to the following email address:
email@example.com with the subject line:
PC 23-0A_0ffice Support Specialist Last Name First Name.
Shortlisted applicants will be convened to sit for a written test.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
For Further Information:
The complete position descriptions for all three (3) positions listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by sending an email to TZ-DMO@peacecorps.gov.