Nursing Team Supervisor Job at Médecins Sans Frontières
Nursing Team Supervisor
Médecins Sans Frontières
MSF is an international, independent organisation.
Duration: 12 months (Fixed Term Contract) – Full time position (100%)
Starting date: 01/09/2022
Direct Reports: Nursing Activity Manager
Location: Nduta Camp (Kibondo, Kigoma Region)
FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
INTRODUCTION:Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Nurse diploma essential.
- MUST BE REGISTERED AND ALLOWED TO PRACTISE UNDER MEDICAL COUNCIL OF TANGANIYKA
- Essential 2 years of previous experience.
- Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Essential mission language: English and Swahili (Kirundi and/or French will be a plus.)
Objectives of the position:·
Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning nursing and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to nursing i.e. perform as a nurse, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.) in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking.
- Give feedback/ reports to medical focal point.
Main competencies and knowledge:
- Stress management
- Communication skills
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Friday August 12th, 2022 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “NURSING TEAM SUPERVISOR”Please send your application to the email address:
The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.