Job Opportunity at Equity Bank – Credit Manager – Retail Lending
Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC, Equity Bank is now home to more than 14 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
The Bank seeks to recruit passionate and self-driven individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Manager – Retail Lending
Reports to: Senior Manager- Credit Risk
- Provides credit support to Equity Banking credit functions covering Personal and Non-personal Customer Relationships.
- Provides financial information and analysis, including market intelligence for use in the preparation of credit reports in liaison with the Relationship Managers, prepare credit reports for review by the credit committee.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review of credit reports and recommend to the appropriate sanctioning authority,
- As a member of the credit committee, to deliberate and make decision on the designated lending limit.
- Conducts joint client visits with RMs to gain full understanding of credit risk.
- Work closely with RM in monitoring credit quality by highlighting early warning signs of credit deterioration.
- Provides high level of service to RMS in terms of accuracy, responsiveness, and turnaround time.
- Timely evaluation and credit grading of accounts. Understanding of risk associated with individual transactions, annual review and raising appropriate concerns.
- Maintain financial information on loan accounts including financial covenants, spreads, and interim reports.
- Monitors compliance with BOT Prudential Guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with Bank’s Credit policy and procedures, ensures that exceptions are properly noted.
- Undertake annual review of security documentation for all accounts. Ensure all documentation is received and up to date for assigned portfolio.
- Counter check that interest rates are correctly applied on loan accounts.
- Support the loan remediation team, in negotiating work out plans and strategies for delinquent customers
- Undertake all such other roles and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Senior Manager Credit Risk from time to time
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Credit and Financial skills to effectively perform credit analysis and portfolio maintenance activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high quality standards or benchmarks.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Knowledge of lending business and products
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures, and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals
- Highest integrity calibre
Academic: University degree preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
Professional: CPA (T), ACCA, CFA etc.
Desired work experience: Minimum of two years’ experience in Credit Analysis area. Approval experience will be an added advantage.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to [email protected]
To be considered your application must be received not later than June 20, 2022
Equity Bank (T) Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
“Equity Bank (T) Ltd does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.