Medical Officer Job Opportunity at Barrick
The Bulyanhulu Team is seeking to recruit a Medical Officer to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute on a practical note to ensure activities in the Occupational Health and safety department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
- Maintain clinical registration to practice in Tanzania.
- Maintain clinic knowledge to a high level through ongoing education and reading.
- Responsible to deliver a high standard of patient care and to overseas the standard of patient care provided by other clinic doctors.
- Ensure that documentation is accurate and appropriate. Each interaction with the client and outside agencies are documented accurately.
- Ensure a good working knowledge of all equipment at the clinic.
- Responsible for advising when equipment is required to be upgraded or replaced in a timely fashion.
- Being available for rotational shift work.
- Maintain a positive relationship with other doctors, nurses and auxiliary staff working in Bulyanhulu clinic.
- To ensure that patients are notified of their test results within 24 hours of receiving results.
- Prepare a program of medical education meetings and give presentations according to roster.
- Ensure a working knowledge of the equipment based in BGML clinic.
Ensure adequate knowledge in the use of emergency mobile medical equipment available in the BGML clinic.
- Ensure appropriate training and development for all staff by attending regular team meetings and regular coaching with individual staff and groups.
- Ensure optimum team performance by providing guidance and leadership to the staff.
- Be aware of the need for cost containment of clinic resources.
- Work in accordance with the terms and conditions of employment.
- Any other similar duties as requested by the Medical Superintendent and or his designate.
- A holder of Doctor of Medicine Degree from a recognized University.
- A medical Doctor registration applicable to Tanzania.
- Ability to liaise with other treating specialist to ensure the optimal patient management.
- Training on management of HIV/AIDS cases and occupational health training is an advantage.
- BLS, ACLS and ATLS are added advantage.
- A valid Tanzania Driving license class D is an advantage.
Experience and competencies needed
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in medical practice post internship in a referral hospital.
- A work in an occupational health care setting preferably in a mining industry is an added advantage
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization
- We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.